cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase?

sturose
Grafter

Price increase?

I've only just rejoined Plusnet a couple of months ago and I received notification of my latest bill today which has gone up from £24.99 per month to £25.99 per month.

Now I know price increases happen but aren't we supposed to be informed in advance of any increase?

I have received no notification about a price rise whatsoever. Just checked through my emails (spam included) and I have been told nothing about this price rise.

Ok it's only £1 but it's the fact that I have heard nothing about it before getting my latest bill.

Pretty poor if you ask me!
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Price increase?

Moderators Note.
Moved to 'feedback' from 'broadband'
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @sturose

Are you receiving other emails from us OK? If not I'd make sure we have the right email address listed on your account https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=mydetails

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sturose
Grafter

Yes I am receiving other emails. That is how I received my notification of my latest bill.

I have several emails from Plusnet but none about any price increase!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @sturose,

I've taken a quick look into your account today and I can see that we sent you an email about the recent price refresh on the 5th June. Sometimes these emails can be sent to the Spam folder, so I'd recommend checking all of the folders on your mailbox.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

The price increase is notified in an email
with the subject "Updates to your service"
which can easily missed if you are not looking out for it.
Not the most obvious subject line for a price increase , softening bad news?
You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
sturose
Grafter

Just been through all my emails from 5th June onwards in my inbox and spam folders.

No email from Plusnet at all.

Please don't call it a price refresh, call it what it actually is, a price increase/hike/rise etc.
There is nothing fresh about it apart from the fact you are taking more money from us!

I suppose nothing about this could have been mentioned when I joined Plusnet, of course that would put potential customers off!

@Protech nothing about updates to service in my emails at all.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way about the issue @sturose.

The reason that we refer to this as a price refresh rather than a price increase is because we aren't increasing the price of all of our products across the board and not all of the changes made due to the refresh have increased the cost of our products, specifically the Caller Display phone feature is now free.

The reason we have put the price refresh in place is to help improve our infrastructure and bring our customers the best support we possibly can, which includes cutting down on waiting times to speak to our support teams.

I apologise for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused however we have sent out all of the appropriate notifications regarding the price refresh and it will have definitely been sent to the email address provided on your account.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team