cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price creep (leap!)

h_milsom
Grafter

Re: Price creep (leap!)

At the risk of derision(!) may I ask a naive question to you experts?
Having received the infamous email about the price hikes PN are offering me the chance to exit with no penalties.
Do I have to officially inform them that I wish to leave or will ordering services from another provider and their subsequent communication with PN be sufficient to allow me to go penalty free?
Kind Regards
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

you have to phone cancellations to advise them that you are not prepared to accept the changes
Surfer
Grafter

Quote from: h_milsom
At the risk of derision(!) may I ask a naive question to you experts?
Having received the infamous email about the price hikes PN are offering me the chance to exit with no penalties.
Do I have to officially inform them that I wish to leave or will ordering services from another provider and their subsequent communication with PN be sufficient to allow me to go penalty free?
Kind Regards

Why leave early as they cannot raise the prices if you are already in contract?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

yes they can and will and have done
h_milsom
Grafter

Thank you Oldjim and Surfer - good question - but a general unease about PN's direction of travel is making me wobble. Not so much the cash.
In fact in one recent Chat Online an agent agreed with me when he suggested 'sometimes you've just got to move ...'
I have a few weeks to mull it all over ...
Kind Regards
Surfer
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim

They can try but will quickly find themselves in court and will lose.  Plus of course the bad publicity.  Some electric and mobile phone operators tried this and lost big time plus a huge fine so I think your sweeping statement may be incorrect as it is contrary to your answer on another thread.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I asked the question in another thread and was advised by Chris that they could which is why you have the opportunity top get out of the contract
Surfer
Grafter

I think that Chris has given you poor advice.  If I have paid line rental for a year in advance, how can they increase it without falling foul of Oftel or Ofcom?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

For goodness sake
Who is talking about increasing line rental when you paid in advance
Putting it simply
Line rental where you don't have LRS changes on the 2nd Sept
Line rental where you do have LRS changes when you renew it as long as the renewal isn't before the 2nd. If you renew the before the 2nd you get a year at the old price
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

You're OK if you have paid for a year in advance for your line rental. They can't touch you until your contract is due for renewal. I'll be leaving in June next year.
NedLudd
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
For goodness sake
Who is talking about increasing line rental when you paid in advance
Putting it simply
Line rental where you don't have LRS changes on the 2nd Sept
Line rental where you do have LRS changes when you renew it as long as the renewal isn't before the 2nd. If you renew the before the 2nd you get a year at the old price

Just put an entry in my calendar to renew 28th August for LRS in early November!
Hope they'll still let me do it almost 3 months early at the old rate!  Wink
Geoff,
York.
BRABUS
Grafter

Has anybody thought that may want to get rid of all of us customers.  Stranger things have happened in big business.
As for the e-mails, lots of us have still not had the e-mails about the changes in call charges so how would we know anything about this deal if we didn't happen to come on here. Their process of emailing everyone is flawed and they have openly admitted in posts in the past that customers get missed.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

An elderly lady friend of mine who is with Talk Talk has had issues with her broadband.
Rang talk talk last night and again this morning about my broadband or lack of it. They have blamed everything from my laptop to needing to upgrade to fibre optic but not my router or their supply.

It turned out to be a faulty filter.
The point of this story is that I would recommend that she looks at Plusnet as an alternative supplier but not at the moment.
Sadly I wouldn't like to recommend them to anyone who I consider a friend. Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
PLan2015
Grafter

Quote from: h_milsom

When is your normal billing date? I'm just wondering whether there is a pattern to the sending out of the price rise e-mails?
hillyfields123
Grafter

Seems to reflect what happened (and is happening) in the energy industry...
Wholesale prices drop (source: https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=%2BrBpMW3XM9a...) but the price the consumer pays stays the same.
Unfortunately there's a lot less pressure from the regulator and the government about line rental prices...