Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price creep (leap!)

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Price creep (leap!)

When is your normal billing date?

Just for information, I've just received the bl**dy email & my billing date is 30th of the month. My line rental saver is paid until next June but I see that the inclusive calls charge has risen to £6.00, an increase of 20%. With inflation at less than 1% these increases are pure profiteering. Just to be awkward I will definitely leave next year & then return 12 months after that to take up whatever offer is on the table.
I hope that Mr David Leather, chief operating officer, will be pleased to lose so many customers.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I've just received the email too and my billing date is the 1st.
PLan2015
Grafter

Quote from: PLan2015

When is your normal billing date? I'm just wondering whether there is a pattern to the sending out of the price rise e-mails?

I've been told by CS that e-mail recipients will be selected at random over the next 5 week period.  Huh
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: tijara33
Just to be awkward I will definitely leave next year & then return 12 months after that to take up whatever offer is on the table.
That seems to be the way to stay on the best deal available.  Since I'm 'stuck' on LRS I think I'll just remove 'Anytime' when the price goes up and just use our mobiles for outgoing calls.
Given how small the 'saving' will become I think LRS will need to be renamed after September - perhaps 'Advanced Rental Saves Eighteen' would clearly demonstrate the value of paying up front.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: PLan2015
I've been told by CS that e-mail recipients will be selected at random over the next 5 week period.  Huh
Bit like doing the National Lottery then.  Shocked
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
tijara33
Pro

Out of interest I just called billing. I got through inside 10 minutes & a very helpful young lady was incredibly sympathetic. She said that they have been inundated with complaints & she personally can't understand why PN will want to lose so many customers. However, the question still remains, where to go to get a better deal?
tijara33
Pro

Out of interest I just called billing. I got through inside 10 minutes & a very helpful young lady was incredibly sympathetic. She said that they have been inundated with complaints & she personally can't understand why PN will want to lose so many customers.
PLan2015
Grafter

Quote from: tijara33
However, the question still remains, where to go to get a better deal?

A list of current deals is provided by ADSLGuide - http://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband-offers.html - not forgetting cashback as well.
I won't go into specific details about any particular deal since I'm on Plusnet's forum and promoting competitors could rightly be considered bad manners.  Smiley
kdhuk
Grafter

I personally can't help thinking that this is all to do with paying for BT Sports' Premier League and Euro contracts
which ironically PlusNet YouView subscribers cannot even access  Cry
Looks like PlusNet customers are being squeezed to subsidise BT Broadband customers  Sad
Apprentice
Grafter

tijara33
Pro

a look here too

I've been looking & the more I look the more I will probably decide to stay put. Even with the latest telephone price increases, the fibre BB is still the best price for me & it works, so why change?
Apprentice
Grafter

I always have a look around at other ISP's packages but like you I will probably decide to stay with PN for BB and line rental, connected to a market1/A 20CN distant exchange so it's either PN or BT there is no no LLU provision.
Probably the other ISPs will put up their charges too before the year is out as it just takes the one to start the ball rolling.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

If your need is both phone and broadband, consider looking at Vonage and renting a broadband only connection from PN or similar. You get lots of facilities free compared to BT, there's not usually any call connect charge and their international rates are way lower than BT/PN. An unlimited  UK call package is £7/month (subject to fair usage policy). My missus has a friend working in Saudi Arabia and we save over £50 a month on call charges for those occasions when Skype is not working.
I post this information in the hope some PN Executive will look at the competition and stop these ludicrous above inflation increases. Other than being a consumer of Vonage services I have no other financial interest.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
leader
Grafter

Quote from: kdhuk
I personally can't help thinking that this is all to do with paying for BT Sports' Premier League and Euro contracts

Speaking of btsport
Don't forget - thats going up as well Wink
From 4th August the price of BT Sport from Plusnet on the Sky Digital Satellite Platform is changing to £9.99 a month for SD and £12.49 for HD, and will include BT Sport Europe, BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and BT Sport ESPN.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's nice to see a few companies are not seriously affected by austerity measures Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine