cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price creep (leap!)

zwitterelf
Rising Star

Re: Price creep (leap!)

I am also not happy about this, I am sick and tiered of prices of things going up where ever and whatever anything that is linked with money-nonsense. Money is nonsense, and never made sense because it is never at a constant.... the making it confusing. Yes as technology evolves , things should be getting cheaper and more affordable , what I am wondering is what happens when my contract ends, do I have to pay more ? This is one of the reasons why I have to change ISPs ever so often. The last main reason why I left sky was Cameron's censorship nonsense enforced to "protect children" when he himself is involved with a dodgy club that abuses children, what a hypocrite he is, and who does he think he is to dictate what people do and cant do on the internet , then he wants to ban encryption ? I see Plusnet has just added the censor-tools as well, its an excuse used for bad parenting and education about life, logic consciousness and reality in this mostly nasty planet.
It is annoying when it is not just the home phone and broadband that is not constant, its other bills like mobile, gas and electric, rent etc including food... its annoying...
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I know you have 30 days from their email to tell them you are leaving and you need to given them 14 notice so does that mean if you want to leave the maximum you can stay is 6 weeks after the email or can you delay the departure until the price rise?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I asked that in an other thread still awaiting details.
Mayfly
All Star

OK HB thanks - like you I'll await for a response - dust me off in a couple of weeks please  Wink
kelvin
Grafter

I have just spent an interesting 30/40 minutes reading all the posts in this thread. I haven't been on the site for a few weeks but got my email on 8th July and although  I was annoyed on initial reading I let it go as I was rather busy.
I read the email again today and looked at the price hikes which prompted me to come back to the site and see what the general opinion was and it seems as though many people are having the same thoughts as me. I am also tied into LRS for a good few months and also took out a new contract for broadband just a few months ago so it looks as though I am unable to move to another provider anytime soon.
Although BT prices are similar to plusnet I will get a reduced price broadband contract if I do move plus a "free" HH5 and BT sport included. My LRS contract will not be renewed when it comes up for it and I will really have to look at the cost of getting out of my broadband contract.
Another thing that showed me how out of touch I am is the price we pay for landline calls. 10p a minute! I have always used the landline rather than my mobile and advised my wife to do the same as  thought it was much cheaper than mobiles. Given that we always have time left over on the mobiles that will be changing once I cancel the monthly contract for anytime calls.
chrcoluk
Grafter

this whole thing seems suicidal.
On one side they are removing features that made plusnet unique and gave it its reputation.  Kelly, Dave and co will likely be upset but their hands are tied.
On the other side the price changes they not that cheap for the price sensitive customers, unless of course you a new customer.
Razorback
Grafter

Quote from: kelvin

Although BT prices are similar to plusnet I will get a reduced price broadband contract if I do move plus a "free" HH5 and BT sport included.

When I checked the BT pages for options the other day BT Sport is now only “free” if you access via a BT TV box. BT Sport via the Sky platform or web is now £5pm (plus £5pm for HD).
kelvin
Grafter

Quote from: Razorback

Although BT prices are similar to plusnet I will get a reduced price broadband contract if I do move plus a "free" HH5 and BT sport included.

When I checked the BT pages for options the other day BT Sport is now only “free” if you access via a BT TV box. BT Sport via the Sky platform or web is now £5pm (plus £5pm for HD).

I must admit I last looked around 12 months ago when I was considering leaving plusnet because of the problems I was having getting a fault fixed. I'm not going to be able to move for another 12 months or so because of the contract I took out and LRS payment made earlier this year.  No doubt things will have changed by then especially as BT are going to have to do something to recover the obscene amounts of money they are paying for football
KevinG
Rising Star

Another thing that showed me how out of touch I am is the price we pay for landline calls. 10p a minute! I have always used the landline rather than my mobile and advised my wife to do the same as  thought it was much cheaper than mobiles. Given that we always have time left over on the mobiles that will be changing once I cancel the monthly contract for anytime calls.

We never use the landline for calls except when it's free (or by mistake), haven't done for years. It's madness if you have a contract mobile phone.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The only calls I make on my landline are to my daughter as she is a Plusnet customer so the calls are free.
Apart from that my landline is purely to carry my broadband so my broadband is currently £22.72 per month after my referral discount.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Mayfly
I know you have 30 days from their email to tell them you are leaving and you need to given them 14 notice so does that mean if you want to leave the maximum you can stay is 6 weeks after the email or can you delay the departure until the price rise?

As long as you call within the 30 days of the email, the conditions have been met and you're free to leave. So this should be fine.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
chrcoluk
Grafter

I just used it for an 0844 which I think and hope is cheaper on plusnet than my mobile.
Sadly some companies it seems still breach the new 084x guidelines.
kelvin
Grafter

You might want to check as Plusnet charge for 0844 numbers (from July 1st I think) I have been hit with charges for calls I made this month. I will have to check what, if any extra cost, there is from a mobile.
dick:quote
chrcoluk
Grafter

they do charge but I think it is cheaper than on my mobile.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Unless the call from a mobile is inclusive, the service charge will be the same as from a  landline but the access charge by the mobile provider is likely to be much higher.
David