cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price creep (leap!)

leader
Grafter

Re: Price creep (leap!)

Don't really see what the fuss is about ?
The direction has been clear since last May.
Reach 1 million subscribers  & synergise with ee.  
Brand  redefinition comes next.
On the flip side of this - WANdisco's inbox will be busy.
dsw
Grafter

I'm a tad confused on why customers must speak with the customer options team in order to express their wish to move to another provider. Why can't this be done through chat or by ticket? Or, are you going to be offering customers a special discount when they call up to tell you they're off?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Our cancellations team has been telephone or letter for many years now, if you want to leave due to these price changes you'd need to contact them once you've received teh email telling them the reason for leaving. They may be able to offer you a deal depending on circumstances/current contracts etc.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PLan2015
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
The e-mails are being sent out to all customers over the next 5 weeks.

So can we expect them on the last billing date before the price rise, the way TalkTalk do it.  Wink
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: NedLudd
I just started another BB contract for 18 months for a £3 or £4 a month reduction. If that is increased I shall be looking for another ISP

The increases are for the telephone service, not broadband.
PLan2015
Grafter

The changes include "early termination" charges.
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: dsw
I'm a tad confused on why customers must speak with the customer options team in order to express their wish to move to another provider. Why can't this be done through chat or by ticket? Or, are you going to be offering customers a special discount when they call up to tell you they're off?

The contract terms state you don't need to personally contact Plusnet at all:
53. If we have made a change which is to your material disadvantage then if you decide to end our agreement with us early then, you will not have to pay a charge for doing so unless there are any charges or payments we have deferred or the Price guide says otherwise. However, once we have told you about such a change, you must let us know within 30 days of us notifying you of the change if you want to end the agreement by giving us notice in accordance with paragraph 46. Only the services that are directly affected by the changes we make can be ended without paying an early termination charge for that service and this agreement will continue to apply to any other services that are not affected by those changes.
46. Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time with 14 days' notice, either by notifying us directly or, where you are switching provider, we will accept that provider's order notification as notice. We will accept notice from you via phone or in writing. We can stop providing the service by giving you 10 days' written notice
pwatson
Rising Star

There's a subtle difference between just giving notice and giving notice because of a contract change.  Best to call in to make sure that this is noted.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Unless you are in a phone contract then you don't need to phone.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

This may already have been clarified but where it states...
"Only the services that are directly affected by the changes we make can be ended without paying an early termination charge for that service and this agreement will continue to apply to any other services that are not affected by those changes."
Is fibre included in that because we have the fibre deal with the phone package and line rental? Meaning PN can't really separate phone from broadband?
Thanks.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'll probably not renew LRS as the money is better in my bank than Plusnet's.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: jafreer
Is fibre included in that because we have the fibre deal with the phone package and line rental? Meaning PN can't really separate phone from broadband?

I believe they can. The line rental is charged separately and subject to the increase.
chrcoluk
Grafter

interestingly talktalk may be setting a precedent on their FTTP service, they have removed line rental from their FTTP services without a price premium on the FTTP sub.
PLan2015
Grafter

Quote from: KevinG
Quote from: jafreer

I believe they can. The line rental is charged separately and subject to the increase.

I left TalkTalk penalty free because they increased the broadband cost slightly, I had signed up for a broadband/phone package - I did not later pay early termination for the phone. I signed up with Plusnet for a broadband/phone package, they are increasing the phone charges and changing the early termination fees - if TalkTalk would let me leave I see no reason why Plusnet shouldn't.
Mayfly
All Star

Quote from: Oldjim
The only reason I won't take the get out of contract option is the fact that I have about 5 months left on an LRS which I would lose.
For this reason and being very cynical about any further price hikes I will not be renewing my LRS for the meagre saving of £18 per year

Same boat as me OJ and for a saving of £1.50pm  for LRS I'll not let PN have the use of my money before it's due.
In 2013 the price rise was October, 2014 Sept 23rd, 2015 2nd Sept. Close to but not even 12mths before another price rise.