cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price creep (leap!)

alexgray

Price creep (leap!)

I've just seen notice of PlusNet increasing line rental charges again, just a year after the previous increase.
How can two successive increases of over 6% each year be justified when inflation is close to zero, and telecoms equipment gets cheaper and cheaper. They say they have recruited more support staff, but presumably this is in proportion to more customers, and the cost per customer ought to fall with an increasing user base, not increase.
On top of the increased line rental, Talk Anytime is going up a cool 20%, having already gone up 11% last year.
Angry
221 REPLIES 221
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Price creep (leap!)

Welcome to the forum  Smiley , not good news at all regarding the price increase
Where have you read this  ? Can you post the contents
Regards Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rhohne
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Prices changes - 2nd September 2015
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html
New pricing will apply from 2nd September 2015 as set out below
•Line rental will increase from £15.95 per month or £15.99 per month to £16.99 per month
•Line Rental Saver will increase from £155.88 for 12 months to £185.88 for 12 months (for those customers signing up or renewing Line Rental Saver from 2nd September)
•Evening and Weekends will increase from £2.00 per month to £3.00 per month
•Anytime with and without 25% off international destinations will increase from £5.00 per month to £6.00 per month
•Anytime International 300 will increase from £7.00 per month to £7.50 per month
•Our call set up fee will increase from 15p to 16p per call
•Geographic calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers will increase to 10p per minute and mobile calls to 13p per minute
•Postage & Packaging will increase from £5.99 to £6.99 (excluding YouView+ set top box at £7.99)
•Our early termination charges will change. How much depends on your package.
•Some of our call rates will change
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I love how Plusnet title these things "price changes" rather than "price rises".
To put these in "perspective", I have a pay as you go mobile on Three. If I ever use it, which is practically never, a call would cost 3p per minute. It doesn't have any monthly charges.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting - line rental saver, call set up fee, calls to landlines and to mobiles all more expensive than BT...
And like the change to customer service phone hours, Plusnet don't seem to have the decency to tell us!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

this time they have to give all customers 30 day notice with a get out of jail free card
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

They will have to tell everyone about the the price increase,  as it's a detrimental change,  so 30 notice and option to leave penalty free.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

as I said  Grin
Leaving would cost me about 3 months of my LRS and cost Plusnet a fibre install package with router
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way things are going with this lot, Oldjim, that could be a price worth paying to escape even without a get out of jail free card...
KevinG
Rising Star

£2.50 a month increase in LRS? That is outrageous! Hardly worth the saving now.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Naaaaw! I wanted to present PLusnet with my legal findings on their Support Changes but now they will just let me out without a fight....  >:(... Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend

To an extent what I do will depend on the actual speeds I get with fibre as dropping from 80/20 down to 40/10 with BT may well be an option
pwatson
Rising Star

The line rental increase was always on the cards as BT raised theirs some time ago and other providers work as a cartel rather than offering true competition.  The rise is however indefensible, especially for LRS, as BT Wholesale line rental costs are actually on the way down!
Perhaps there'll be a mass migration to Madasafish for £11.99 line rental (including Evening & Weekend calls) - An easy switch as it's a Plusnet brand!!!!!
Fortunately my FTTC contract and LRS agreement ends at the end of July and the price rise has further reduced the price differential between PN and other ISPs so the temptation to jump ship is becoming irresistible...
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

I have just under 5 months of my LRS left as of 2nd September, so will be staying put, i would assume some folk will be happy moving to pastures new.
So we have had cost cutting and prices rises announced not far apart. Let's hope we have some good news, like the new system will be implemented very soon  Roll_eyes
Regards
Mike

NedLudd
Grafter

I'm not happy with LRS increase - it's a bad joke!  Cry
Geoff,
York.