cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pretty Annoyed - Moving Home

peterb99
Grafter

Pretty Annoyed - Moving Home

I'm currently in the process of moving home.  Loads of things to arrange and do and at the moment I'm working long hours so don't get home until late.
No problem though, checked the Plusnet moving home website.  Great I just phone the provided number and they will arrange my house move for me.
Not so great - having to wait and wait and wait.  After 15 minutes I finally get through to someone to be told, quite cheerfully, that the moves team are only available until 8pm at night.  What a waste of my time (of which I don't have a lot).  Why doesn't it say on the moves webpage that the moves team are only available at certain times - would certainly have saved me a wasted 15 minutes.
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/movinghome/
18 REPLIES 18
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Pretty Annoyed - Moving Home

And here too - http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi peterb99,
I'm very sorry it's not shown on our support pages when the house moves team are open. I have forwarded this to the web team to update as soon as they can.
In the meantime I can arrange for a member of our team to call you between 9:00 - 20:00 Monday - Friday or 9:00 - 17:30 on Saturdays. Can you PM me your account username as it doesn't seem that your Forums account is linked with your Plusnet account and also when you'd be available to take the call?
peteb99
Dabbler

Hi Lin,
Thanks for the response.  I didn't realise my username is slightly different - my "real" one is PeteB99 but my forum one is PeterB99.
I've already phoned the moves team this morning (did take another 30 minutes)  and its all arranged now.
The guy on the phone was very helpful and it is great that he genuinely explains absolutely everything in minute detail - costs, speed, free if I sign another contract (and even telling me if I cancel it before the 18 months how much exactly it would cost me - this is very good, never known any other company to do that).
He also advised me to drop the package as it looks as though I won't get much above 40 meg anyway - really good honest advice.  I've decided to keep the higher speed just in case if the speed checker shows slower than it actually is.  He's advised I can phone and drop the package to the slower speed at anytime during the contract.
All in all, very impressive and please pass my thanks onto him.        The only issue was the fact it was closed last night and that I had to wait a long time to get through but great service once I did.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi,
Either you have changed your forum display name, or you have two forum identities.
The first post is from peterb99 whilst the last response is from peteb99.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Could be completely wrong but 2 identities as indicated by 2 different post counts Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

One registered Feb this year and the other one in 2012
peteb99
Dabbler

I think I know what this is.
I was with Plusnet in 2012 in my old house. Unfortunately I didn't get anywhere near the speeds on the BT checker so I left and went back to Virgin Media.
I then moved to my current house and went with Plusnet as I can now get the full 80meg.    When I re-registered it wouldn't let me have the old name so I had to choose the new one.
The PCs I have must have the different accounts registered so depending on which PC I use I post with either of the two ID's.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update, Pete. I've passed on your thanks to the advisor - I'm sure they'll be happy to hear this!
Glad to hear you're now sorted. If we can be of further assistance just let us know! Good luck with the house move! Smiley
peterb99
Grafter

I've now moved into the house. 
Not had chance to test the phone line yet.    The house is a bit daft, there is the master socket next to the front door, but no power anywhere near it.
When the fibre engineer comes to active the fibre broadband, is it possible for him to relocate the master socket to the lounge?, is this a normal thing that they are able to do?
It doesn't look like the fibre order has been done yet either. The request was put on hold until 2pm today, but I can't see where the fibre has been ordered.
warbleeder
Grafter

yea bt engi can move the socket... just ask him ...
when i moved into new house my socket was behind the front door... so when someone opened the door it was bash against the socket (and any connectors in it) i asked him to move it and he put in front window.......
just shows bt had some goons working for them before Smiley
p.s forgot to add i was told they could only relocate it to where the cable would allow them to
peteb99
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply warbleeder. Hopefully they'll be able to move it for me.
I've checked and it still doesn't look like the fibre has been ordered.  Could anyone nudge it along for me?, don't want to be too long without broadband.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pete,
A member of our house moves team updated Ticket: 87678832 yesterday advising that your FTTC order has been placed the appointment provisionally booked for 14/07/2014 between 8AM and 1PM. The appointment should be confirmed later today.
When the FTTC engineer attends it is not part of their work to move the master socket. They are there to carry out the work for the FTTC service at the existing master socket. Therefore we cannot guarantee that they will/are trained do this for you, however, it's worth asking. If they say that they can't do it then you can always get a local electrician to carry this work out.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Linn
If they say that they can't do it then you can always get a local electrician to carry this work out.

Although that is an entirely pragmatic solution, I'm a little surprised to see an ISP advocating getting a third party to interfere with BT's property! 
TORPC
Grafter

I am with pwatson on this
Has the Law / Ruling been changed, on the BT Sockets (in recent times) ?Huh
I was under the impression that currently, the only thing that is allowed to be carried out, is access to the TEST Socket (where applicable) & nothing else.