cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor start from Plusnet

lozbain

Poor start from Plusnet

Originally signed up on 1st April for Fibre, paid almost £200 up front for the line rental and setup fee. Engineer was due to visit this past Tuesday (23rd) for a duel phone/fibre installation. Of course, didn't turn up.
Plusnet arranged to have the installation for today (25th) but the engineer who turned up was only a "Phone Engineer". After spending almost 40 minutes on hold with Plusnet CS someone eventually tells me my Fibre date is now 8th May. Frankly I find this completely unacceptable, especially since there is no complaints department to speak to for any form of compensation as I'll now have to take a third day off work.
What I want to know though is I can pick up the openreach modem and faceplate off ebay for less than £30 and hook it up myself. Is that allowed, will it work?
Quite fed up with the third party excuse the CS reps say too. It's not my problem Openreach failed them but they need to take ownership of it and fix it as I pay them. Worth sticking around or should I jump ship to Sky even though their fibre costs twice as much?
10 REPLIES 10
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Poor start from Plusnet

Have a read of http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry to hear about this.
I'll be looking into exactly what's happened this afternoon and will move things forward with this as quickly as we can.
I'll get back to you ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@lozbain
Cheers for your time on the phone just now. Hope to have this sorted ASAP for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lozbain

Has their been an update from OR about a new appointment Adam?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
Not just yet, I'm expecting that today so I'll be in touch again when that comes through.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lozbain

Not having much luck with this one are we Adam?  Sad
Another failed arrival, not entirely sure I want to spend all day in doors on a rare sunny day in London on a Saturday in case the guy turns up at 2-3pm.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It might be worth pointing out that "jumping ship to sky" will not result in any benefit as it's the same Openretch engineers that do the installation!
lozbain

I'm aware of that but I'd expect by now that someone higher up the ladder at Plusnet would have called someone higher up the ladder at Openreach and said look this customer has spent three days waiting and been let down. Just send your most reliable engineer on the first job of the day to do this and let's be done with it  Wink
Also when I called yesterday (after the time slot) to find out from Plusnet if they could at least get in touch with Openreach to find out when the engineer might arrive, 1.30pm, 2pm, 3pm... The lady on the phone said I'll call you right back with an update, of course didn't call back. That's pretty poor customer service.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm sure the lack of a call back will get looked at by a DCT member and "feedback" provided!
I agree with your thoughts on this, but I'm not sure you'd get any better from Sky. This initial hurdle is a real problem it seems in areas where there looks as though there isn't enough OR engineers to meet the Fibre demand. Once over this though, things are generally a hell of a lot better.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@lozbain
Really sorry to hear about this, nothing like a facepalm to start your Monday morning.
I'm chasing this right now, sorry too if we didn't call back when promised.
I'll be in touch as soon as I've chased this up.
Adam
UPDATE:
Thanks for your time on the phone, I'll be arranging another expedite via a new FTTC order this afternoon, I'll continue to keep you posted.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team