cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Fran

Poor service

I have lost the will with plusnet. I have been lied to since transferring over to them. I did not advise my previous provider when to finish their service so no blame can be apportioned there. Plusnet are a shambles even losing my telephone no. Despite specifically advising I wanted to keep it. I have been lied to so much, so many staff have taken on my case personally and yet I’ve been without bb for 2 weeks approx. The telephone no has distressed me so much it’s been in my family since 1964 😂😂

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) changed topic title

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: email address chief executive - andy baker

Really sorry to hear that @Fran

I believe I've just replied to your tweet over Twitter. 

Unfortunately your broadband order is stuck within the supplier systems.

They're working to fix this and we'll update you when we know more.

Regarding your telephone number, when we tried to takeover your line retaining it the order was rejected with the error message "Incompatible Products found on the installation" which would be something to do with the setup with your previous provider.

Trying to renumber your line back to the number it was isn't working either. I've contacted our suppliers number porting team about this and I've been advised that the number looks to now be working with another provider on another line.

However I've sent an email to the migration services escalations mailbox at Openreach to investigate this further and confirm that there absolutely is nothing we can do. We'll update you when we hear back.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Fran @Gandalf

The question here obviously is, who is the other/previous provider?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
Posts split into their own topic for better visibility
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I thought numbers were 'rested' for a while before being reallocated in order to avoid a lot of people calling them when trying to contact the previous 'owner'.  @Fran has probably given this number to a lot of people since 1964, many of whom could now potentially be a nuisance to whoever has acquired this number.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Just an update here. Our suppliers have asked us to place an import/renumber order which we've done yesterday though it's not progressing through the supplier systems as quick as it should do, but we've been advised to allow 1 full working day before they're able to chase it up.

I'm keeping an eye on this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet