Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Poor service

Really feel let down, altho my internet has just come on again ive had no internet for 48 hours, i contacted plusnet 3 times and each time i was told 3 very different storys. The people i spoke to didnt even say sorry or seam to give a dam about my problems. I can see from status reports ill prob be without the internet again from tonight.... fairplay i userstand things can go wrong and that sometimes work needs to be done, but to be told 3 different storys by the faults team and to made to feel like they dont give a dam was an eye opener for me... shocking.

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Poor service

Hi @St3

I've just seen this status email, are you in one of these geographical areas? If so, it looks like it maybe a wait for a fix Sad

Openreach is therefore declaring MBORC for repair activities the following areas, with effect from 23:59 21 July 2016:

Highlands & Islands
North East Scotland
Cumbria
North Wales
Central Scotland

We're taking steps, including directing additional engineers into these areas, to bring the position back to normal as quickly as we possibly can.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
St3
Aspiring Champion

yes im in one of those areas but i was told over the phone that my fault was with my local exchange and nothing to do with any other outages in the country, also plusnet could not tell me anything else nor could they tell me when id be next online... all they said is it might be tomorrow or the day after  it first went off on tuesday evening at 4pm and has only come back online altho its not working right still loadngs pages is very slow, support said they would review it tomorrow Sad seams like no ones bothered, the last guy i spoke to didnt seam to be bothered about it .. i asked if i should ring tomorrow and he replied " no " i asked what shall i do then ... he said " just wait" ...... lol its been 48 hours of no internet and now its back on,,, its struggling.

The lack of information and the feeling no ones bothered really does my head in, on tuesday i managed to check bt status pages and plusnets status pages and none of them displayed any problems in my area with broadband which i find very confussing, .. you have total loss of service and theres no info to say whats going on, your just left in the dark.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Ste i agree Support is going down the Pan Sad i was only having slow downs so am not as bad as you .

At least BT said they had 2 power cuts , causing problems .

You are on the NEW and improved Network Smiley  are you not ?Huh

PN seriouly need to look to work out why support is getting left behind , in favour of Cheap offers Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Ste,

I've just checked over your account and it seems that you were impacted by an MSO (Major Service Outage) specific to your area, this wasn't the same as the issues posted on service status yesterday or today.

We initially tested the line and the MSO was being advised as due to fix at 9.30pm on the 19th, unfortunately this took longer and I can see you regained connection today.

Unfortunately there was little further on this we could do as when there's a reported MSO we can't report individual faults as they should be sorted once the MSO is resolved.

Checking the speedtest results from this afternoon it seems you're getting the expected speeds again, with the download around 63Mb/s.

Sorry if you feel the experience with support wasn't the best, the timing was unfortunate too as we had larger outages this and yesterday morning.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
St3
Aspiring Champion

What i dont understand chris, is the fact my local exchange says everything is fine and it has no reports of any outages for the past few months ? Yet i was impacted by an MSO (Major Service Outage) ? Huh

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It may not have affected the entire exchange, I've seen MSO reports in the past due to cars taking out a cabinet or a cable between the exchange and the cab(s) becoming faulty.

Although the exchange overall may have still been online, something smaller (On the scale of things) could have happened and still caused an MSO.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet