cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service

mp9999
Dabbler

Poor customer service

Response time on a question I raised has gone over 24 hours and still waiting!  Not holding out much hope in getting fibre installed tomorrow as I still haven't got the router or had a confirmed engineer appt!  Quick to get signed up and take a postage payment though.
32 REPLIES 32
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Poor customer service

The quickest way to get a response is to phone PN customer support.
mp9999
Dabbler

Did call them. Thanks.
No engineer coming tomorrow as they decided to move my home phone line rental first and then do the fibre bb after. Apparently only one order can be processed at a time!  No one at PN decided to tell me this and the sales team said originally that the phone would move 5 days after the bb.
Now have to wait til next Thursday to start the fibre order again.
Keeping customers informed needs serious improvement.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I'm really sorry about this.
What you have said is correct - we cannot have two orders inflight as it causes the fibre order to fail.  What we would normally do however is to place a simultaneous provide order.  However, these can be problematic, which may be the reason for the delay.
Again, I'm sorry that things haven't gone as smoothly as they could have done.
mp9999
Dabbler

Thanks for the apology - feeling a little less irate now
I should have been told this at the time I placed a 'simultaneous order' though.  Please ensure your sales team are not making promises you are unable to fulfil at the time of ordering!
Keeping fingers crossed for no more problems.
keith4x4
Grafter

Quote from: mp9999

Keeping customers informed needs serious improvement.

Welcome to the real world of Plusnet.
I hope it all goes well and works for you but don't hold your breath. I am into my second year of trying to get a fault fixed.
And for the "isn't PN wonderful and can do no wrong brigade" This forum is full of fed up people for a reason.......... when it goes wrong it can be a total fopaux from begining to end (when the staff cannot be bothered to even attempt to try)
So good luck and I hope it all goes well, and that you are one of those lucky people who it goes right for.  Wink
tijara33
Pro

Mp9999, I can assure you that the majority of PN customers are, like me, totally satisfied with PN. That's why yesterday  they were awarded the prestigious USwitch customer service award. Obviously this forum is a chance for the few dissatisfied customers to vent their frustration, as it should be. I'm sure that once you're connected you'll be as pleased as I am.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@keith4x4
I'm sorry to learn that you've been having problems for so long. I've had a read into the history of the case and can see it's being look after by one of the managers of our faults team. I note too that its a REIN issue, as this is caused by interference that can be caused by anything within the proximity of any point of your line between and including your premises and the exchange which means they can be hard to identify and also very time consuming.
Let us know how things go after the next engineer visit.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
keith4x4
Grafter

Sorry mp9999 I am not trying to hijack your thread.  Smiley
Adam If you have read the complete history you will know that it has been ongoing since April 2011 and that REIN was identified as an issue over 8 months ago but not pursued by PN for a variety of reasons/excuses.
I was going to dump PN in favour of Andrews & Arnold, they cost slightly more  but they do give an excellent service that works (PN’s only good point is the uk call centre)
I then decided that I would pursue this until PN either fixed it once and for all or refunded me completely for all the time they had supplied a 3rd rate service.
I await the REIN eng with a mild interest and look forward to grilling him for information as that seems to be the only way I can lever any progress.
Adam I will send both you and Bob an update when I have any news.
Mp9999 all the best to you and I’m sure it will go well (PN cannot afford any further Fopauxs)
tijara33
Pro

I had a REIN problem some 3 years ago when I was still with AOL. BTOR had to sort this out because it was affecting over 30 houses over a 200 metre stretch. A 2 man team used to walk up & down the street with a couple of old radios, tuned to a specific frequency. It took them about 3 weeks to discover that the problem was caused by a faulty Sky box in a property situated over 200 metres from my house.
Therefore, without the determined efforts of BTOR to solve Keith's problem, PN are powerless, other than to provide a refund for poor service.
mp9999
Dabbler

Don't mind me - I'm just sitting and waiting for next weeks phone line transfer.... an efficient re-order of the Fibre BB.... a timely engineer visit of which I hope to be informed about... then a superfast reliable service.  Not too much to ask!
Hopefully I won't need to come back here to complain again - and hopefully Keith4X4 you get sorted too.
keith4x4
Grafter

BT cancelled their 16:00 appointment....
But as an absolute customer first I was called by PN at 15:50 to advise me it was cancelled.
I consider that as a massive improvement to the usual poor customer service.
I do feel sorry for Mick who took the brunt of my anger and frustration.
keith4x4
Grafter

Any news on your phone line transfer yet?
mp9999
Dabbler

Yes - It all went to plan and my home phone is now with plusnet.  I managed to do the annual payment online through 'my account' too which has saved me more money by paying a year up front. 
As for the Fibre BB, I still have a support ticket which is "awaiting an answer".... I assume someone will pick this up and deal with soon to arrange a new engineer visit.  I also have the router too which arrived earlier this week.
Will post progress as it happens for those interested.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

mp9999 I'm just placing your order now.  Keep you posted.
Now booked in for next friday (25th) in the AM slot which is between 08:00 and 13:00. I hope that's OK, let me know if not so we can rearrange for a later date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team