cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service

DepartingSoon

Poor customer service

After being a customer for over ten years, I'm moving abroad.  I called to cancel my service, went through the phone options for this and was then put on hold for 30 minutes. 

Got through to a woman who asked what my call was about and went through the security questions only to tell me that she wasn't cancellation, she was technical. 

A, Why did the phone put me through to her and

B, Why did she play twenty questions if she can't help

She then transferred me and I was put on hold for another 15 minutes.  Eventually got through to the "Cancellation team" (funnily enough, it sounded like the first woman), who then asked what my call was about. 

Does your cancellation team multi-task?

Main problem I have is that after telling her I needed to cancel, she hung up on me. 

Not really acceptable, I have better things to do on my lunch hour than listen to your scratchy hold music for 45 minutes. 

Now, I'm emigrating, so are you going to contact me so we can cancel this is a civilised manner, or shall I just cancel the direct debit and get on the plane? 

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Poor customer service

You don't have to phone:

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

A cancellation request for cease of service can be made in one of two ways:

• By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation for cease of service is by calling our Customer Options Team.

• By post to: Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)