cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor contact and help

radiomuseum

Poor contact and help

Found I have 0.430/0.320 Mbps. Pathetic. Went though laborious process of getting in touch. Plus Emailed back saying first of all, yes, fault on service could be seen, £60 charge if it was 'my' equipment???  MY EQUIPMENT? They provided the router, the filters, they in the guise of BT provide the line. Just what 'equipment' did I provide? my pc.  Straight off, £60, money money money. Where is this 'we'll give you a great deal', 'a great service' etc etc.  Its seems the earth promised to get you to sign on the dotted line, after that, to hell with customer care.
Is J Ford still the CEO (this week) ? I think I might write to him direct.
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Poor contact and help

Hi there,
I'm sorry that you have taken so strongly to the warning of potential charges.
When a BT engineer visits and finds the problem to be with internal wiring, filters, router, etc, we are charged £144+VAT.  The charge that you are referring to is more to ensure that you do not get charged.  Is there any way you can borrow a router & filter to ensure that it is not the hardware causing the fault? If your router is faulty and within its first year, we will replace it free of charge.
We genuinely do not want to have to charge you for the call out fee - as per my earlier comment, we get charged a lot more than the £60.  Also, we'd like to fix your fault so that you're not suffering with the low speeds!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Poor contact and help

It could be your equipment NOT provided by Plusnet that is the cause. It could be your phone, it could be something you have plugged in to another telephone socket, it could be the wiring of the extensions.
Plusnet will ask you to perform a number of steps to eliminate all those possibilities and if you have done so, there's very, very little chance of you being charged.
The problem is that some people lie and say they've done all the steps when they haven't and when the engineer turns up and finds the reason Plusnet get billed by BT. That's why Plusnet reserve the right to charge.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)