Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor and slow support.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Poor and slow support.

We've been with PN for about 3 - 4 years.
There have been a lot of annoyances with this ISP and one of the biggest is their call centre which is pretty much useless at the best of times. They'll misinform you, try to tell you it will cost you blah blah blah...
Recently we had our phone number changed due to nuisance calls. I won't go into details but the short story is it's all gone wrong, BT say they've done exactly what they said (renumber only with no line stop/restart) and PN say there should be no effect and it must be BT. BT own PN yet the two can't communicate.
I've become so frustrated with PN now that I'm now refusing to deal with them. They can sort out this mess on their own. They'll need to dial into our router and do their tests and things because I'm not wasting anymore time on them. They are slow, inaccurate and cannot administrate the service properly.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
21 REPLIES 21
James
Grafter

Re: Poor and slow support.

Hi there,
I've just spotted this one so had a bit of a look.
I'm 99% certain that your disconnection is as a result of your renumber.  Which shouldn't happen if processed correctly by your phone supplier, but this has happened in the past.
However, what is odd is that there is no cease showing against either your old number or new number, and BT Wholesale's systems do not recognise either numbers, or your circuit number.  However, we are still seeing a current asset against your old number (which is what we would expect as that is the number that service was provided on).
We've currently unable to run tests against your line due to the reason outlined above, so it is looking like a systems issue.  However, you should still not have lost service if the order was placed correctly.
I'll put a call into some friends at Retail and see if they can shed any light.
James
Grafter

FYI - I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been unable to get in touch with any of my usual contacts.
I've dropped them an email and will let you know when I've heard back.
If in the meantime you could possibly drop the various & unsubstantiated accusations, that would be greatly appreciated.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why do we need to have multiple topics about the same issue?
It's blatantly obvious that it's BT that have messed things up and you start ranting and raving at Plusnet. It's BT you need to be having a go at to find out just what they have done.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
7up
Community Veteran

@jelv: You think you can deal with BT any better?
ROSEMARY has clearly told me that they have done everything by the book.
Now how else would you understand that huh? - I've questioned her myself and she's assured me its all been done correctly.
Then we have PN.. who take over a day to respond to anything, say they'll do things on the 23rd which then slide to the 24th and then only bother to respond after a slating in their feedback forum.
Jelv, you think I'm being harsh? - Richard at CSC was the one telling us we'd have to pay something like £65 just because we changed our number and Richard also said that the cost would be waived if we signed up for another 12 months. How James can say its an 'unsubstantiated accusation' is beyond me.
Unsubstantiated? - My comment about the call centre was correct and truthful. So was the rest. I do however feel somewhat offended at the suggestion I've said something untrue.
The only thing I might withdraw is the comment about PN and BT not communicating. James seems to be able to do this and he's about the only member of PN I have any faith in as he's always sorted stuff out in the past. I gotta hand it to James, he's good at problem solving for customers.
James
Grafter

For reference - I've been trying to get in touch with BT Retail's High Level Escalations Team to try and call in a favour.
The rest of the support team wouldn't have access to that level of support.
I take it you still have no connection?
James
Grafter

Hi,
As per my reply to your ticket (which I've now assigned to my team, or more pertinently, me), I've now raised a fault on your broadband connection.
Retail HLE have confirmed that there was no stop placed as a result of your renumber, which completed on the 23rd.
I'll let you know when I've heard something back from Wholesale.
James
Grafter

Hi - I've just sent the ticket back to you.
BT have requested engineering access.  We're pretty confident it's not your hardware, so please ignore the part about the £144 charge.
James
Grafter

Hi,
As per my two chats with your girlfriend this afternoon, I've booked an engineer for 1-6pm tomorrow afternoon.
7up
Community Veteran

Hi James
Firstly thank you for personally dealing with this. While I am admittedly a hard person to please (the SO who you spoke to will tell you that) we're both grateful to have you dealing with this.
Unfortunately though I still wish to have minimal involvement. Getting involved winds me up too much and in my pit of a situation the internet is pretty much one of the few things I have to keep me going. Take that away and deny me access and I start to get very stressed. Unfortunately the lack of urgency with your staff and the speed at which the gears slowly turn only frustrates me more. Then having 2 members of your call centre quoting £65.. (last night SO rang) and it makes the whole situation a very bitter one. I know this isn't all PNs fault but the late update of our account by chris (the day after he was meant to deal with it) hasn't helped. I do however see BT as incompetent though especially for giving us a number which hadn't expired after its previous owner - and us getting the debt collectors every day for 4 gruelling years. Then to be told by PN who BT own that we'll have to pay £65 for what is basically their fault is a kick in the teeth. I hope you can understand how this winds me up and causes bad feeling. It's probably best if you continue to speak with the SO as while I appreciate you personally helping out I'm not handling this entire situation terribly well.
In response to your earlier question, no the internet is still not connected. I've cold booted the router (multiple times throughout the day) and there is simply nothing there. It's all still plugged in and was working perfectly until the day of the renumber. At that point it dropped.
Thank you.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Yep, I'm still 100% convinced that this has happened as a result of the renumber.
I do completely understand the frustration that this has undoubtedly caused, but please also bear in mind that we're not here to do you over!  Our support team are friendly and are here to help you.  It serves us *absolutely* no purpose in either misleading or lying to you.  That ultimately causes me more work, and I don't know about you, but 'more work' certainly isn't up there in my top 5 of things I really want!
I strongly suspect that the engineer when he turns up will find nothing wrong at your house, but would expect it to be some configuration issue that's gone wrong somewhere.
I'll continue speaking to K for any further updates, but you're welcome to drop me a message on here if you need anything.
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Jameseh
, but 'any work' certainly isn't up there in my top 5 of things I really want!

Fixed for you, Gloria Pinkshoes. Smiley
B.
7up
Community Veteran

Sorted and the engineer didn't even come around.
Problem at the exchange.. BT and their wonderful communication skills didn't bother to tell their people at the echange to switch the broadband over according to the engineer... although the number of times we've been told it shouldn't of affected it anyway is bonkers.
Anyway, its fixed.
Amazing how fast things get done when James Bailey gets involved, seriously James BT could do with people like you.
A complaint will be finding its way to them shortly for their blunder.
James
Grafter

Excellent, thanks for letting me know.
7up
Community Veteran

Me and my big mouth.
5 minutes down the line (excuse the pun) and its dropped dead again. Router is showing no DSL signal again and can't connect.
It's also showing its lost signal 9 times.
Back on the dongle now. Oh hell I might as well put a few quid on it to last the rest of the month..