cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Plusnet Service

gladman
Grafter

Poor Plusnet Service

I joined Plusnet in August 2000, which means that I have now had close to 10 years of excellent service in what has been a a trusted customer/client relationship from my perspective.  Until now I have stronglly supported Plusnet and have persuaded quite a few people to joinn them over my ten years with them.
But on Monday this week BT failed to make an ADSL to ADSL2 upgrade for myself and several of my neighbours with the result that NONE of us have had an internet service since then. The fact that severasl of us lost service at exacltly the time when BT made this upgrade attempt puts it beyond reasonable doubt that these were not isolated broadband faults.
Sadly I have to report that Plusnet's approach in handling this situation has been both complacenet and indifferent.  I had hoped that, if ever BT screwed up, my ISP would be on my side in getting a speedy resolution of the issue.
But the reality has been just the opposite with Plusnet acting as a robotic shield behind which BT has been able to hide its incompetence in making an upgarde and not even bothering to check that it actually works.
Myself and my neighbours have now been without an internet connection since Monday without any evidence whatsoever that Plusnet has any effort to seek a _speedy_ correction of the problems caused by BT's botched upograde attempt.
I like to think that when BT screws up, it will be me and my ISP battling with BT to get thiings put right.  But I am sad to find if ever BT screws up, Plusnet's ownership by BT means that a Plusnet customer will  find that they are on their own in fighting both BT and Plusnet in any attempt to get a speedy solution.
I am posting here and not in the more open broadband fora in the hope that someone in Plusnet will actually show that they do not simply exist to hide BT's failures.
Ten years of trust destroyed in four days.
    BRG
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Poor Plusnet Service

HI gladman,
Sorry to hear this. I'll see if I can get an update on the latest for you.
Jojo Smiley
gladman
Grafter

Jojo,
Thank you so much for your efforts, which I much appreciate. 
      Brian
jim:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks gladman, I've passed that on to Jojo
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team