cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll on the number of visits taken by BT OR to fix an issue

Community Veteran

Poll on the number of visits taken by BT OR to fix an issue

Although I am delighted with PN and the Fibre service I receive I like a large number of other users in the forums appear to have been repeatedly let down by BT OR on a number of occasions before the problem was finally rectified. 
I am not wishing to turn this poll into a series of rants so If you wish to leave a short message about the problem that's great but please try to keep it brief I'm merely trying to answer my question on the average number of visits / missed appts and if BT OR service has had an influence on peoples decisions stay with or move to another provider.

Podman

4 REPLIES
abstruse21
Grafter

Re: Poll on the number of visits taken by BT OR to fix an issue

I think your poll should go way higher than 5+. Just from my experience alone.
(EDIT: to clarify that.. 9 Engineers to get my already in-situ line connected and set up. Unknown how many it will take to fix my next-door neighbour's phone & broadband which went down while BTOR were working on mine). When I have a total figure for all faults fixed correctly Ill repost it.
Community Veteran

Can only vote once, but had 3 separate visits for 3 separate phone lines and in each case the BT Openreach engineer resolved the issue on the first visit. In two cases I had additional issues, but these were related to telecoms provider / BT Openreach communication, not the actual engineers themselves.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Similar to Spider, over the last 6 years I've had 2 faults on my own line, both of which were fixed in the first visit from BT OR.  In total I must have had around 10 faults on various other lines that I manage/support and I can only think of one instance were it needed a second visit.  That one was an intermittent connection issue, that was working fine whilst the engineers was present.  I was more of a lucky punt that the 2nd engineer tried something that fixed it.
All the lines I deal with (apart from 2 that haven't had any issues at all) are in West Lancashire, and BT OR Engineers have always called before hand, been helpful and done a good job.  Maybe I've been lucky or maybe it is regional thing.
Phil
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 22

Interesting poll, though there needs to be a separation between appointment counting and visit counting, they are not the same.
Failed appointments point to poor resource management / discipline / planing.
Failure to fix first time points to skills / experience / diligence / tenacity / infrastructure issues.
It took 18+ visits (to say nothing of failed appointments) over 6+ months before BTOR finally delivered a decent service on my rural business line.  From what I have read on these forums such experiences have lead people to leave PN as clearly they do not understand the issues.  For me, this experience will be why I will remain with PN as I do not believe other ISPs would have persevered with BTOR to attain such a satisfactory resolution.  Ultimately, the whole circuit was swapped to the best of a bad bunch and problems in the exchange were rectified.  I had the best BB performance f any of my neighbours.  To say the least, the BTOR infrastructure was rotten to the core there, but until it fails completely there will be no refurbishment.