cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnets "free" Wireless Router

mikesalway

Plusnets "free" Wireless Router

Was with BT and had a home Hub 3.0. Changed to Plusnet Fibre and found the wireless coverage of their "free"  router very poor by comparison >:(. Contacted technical who suggested changing configuration slightly and found it made no difference.
Looked on other user forums and found in the general opinion it was standard with a lot of these free "cheapo" cordless routers (Talk Talks, etc as well). Faced with the possibility of purchasing  a wireless range booster, decided to re-fit and re-config the BT one. Result, Smiley  the range every bit as good as before and faster as I now had fibre.
I changed to Plusnet as I was fed up with BT's "mickey taking" service and Plusnet appeared cheaper. Oh well, I suppose you get what you pay for at the end of the day. Sad
6 REPLIES 6
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Plusnets "free" Wireless Router

I agree that the router is rubbish, I threw away mine ages ago. That apart, the service is excellent. Smiley
syates
Grafter

Never bothered with the router as my work provide me with a decent one anyway.  Apart from that, the service is on a par with Tiscali (talk-talk) that I came here to get away from... oh well.
All4One
Grafter

I bought a BT home Hub 3 off ebay for a fiver to replace my FTTC technicolor.
Works better (did originally have wireless issues but that's corrected itself) and hardly ever drops anymore.
kelvin
Grafter

My son in law works for BT and was recently told that wireless problems can be caused by the close proximity of the router to the modem (for fibre rather than ADSL).
He had these problems with his BT standard set up (router (home hub 3) on top of modem) but when he separated the two by a couple of feet  his wireless range improved dramatically.
I don't know if this works with the PlusNet router as I changed mine within a couple of weeks of getting it.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Been with PlusNet for about 6 years... never had any major issues with service ... phone service may take some time to answer.. but they seem to know what they are talking about, and soon got me back on line... ( within minutes )... as for the "cheapo" router.... well I have had three over this period... first one was superceded, second one gave up without warning after 18 months use, phoned plusnet, and a new one was with me in 48 hours and I am still using it....
Great service ... Happy customer.  and recommend to my friends without any qualms, ( or comeback).  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the feedback everyone
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team