cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet you SUCK

fourfourdevon
Grafter

Plusnet you SUCK

Yet again I am caught in a situation that customer services cannot or are unwilling to resolve.
Plusnet, get this, get this VERY CLEARLY.  When you have systematic problems, you ignore them.  Your staff are train to fix (maybe) any particular issue for any particular customer.  Great.  But what you cannot even see when its pointed out to you is a systematic problem that needs fixing not just this once, but for all customers.
My current case:
My 999 details on my VoIP service are not working correctly.  How do I know this?  Because when I have called 999 recently (and I've been in the unfortunate position to have to do this 3 times in the recent past) the operator does not know who I am or where I am.
However your website says everything is fine.
When I raised this first time I was told I needed to fix my address, I did so, by removing a spurious comma that had got into the address somehow.
As far as I knew everything was fine again.
Until I had to phone 999 again.  Only to find it was still broken.
So I post here in the VoIP section, no response.
So I call and speak to someone.  I tell them they need to fix this, not just for me, but for everyone, having a broken 999 system is not good enough, Plusnet YOU ARE ENDANGERING PEOPLES LIVES and when I point this out, I am told by the customer service rep that there is nothing they can do, and I should raise a compliant.
Get with it Plusnet, SYSTEMATIC ERRORS NEED TO BE FIXED TOO, Customer service reps need to be able to tackle and move up the chain with SYSTEMATIC errors too, not just repeatedly fix (or not fix) each customer incident.
But most of all Plusnet, you really need to wake up to the liability you are now putting yourselves in by offering a 999 service that doesn't work, and which you know doesn't work and which despite requests that you fix, you refuse to fix.
YOU SUCK!
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet you SUCK

We'd like to state that this is working in general, we have tested and confirmed this, I'm just very sorry that it only seems to be affecting you individually.
I realise this is extremely far from ideal and is a big problem. We are working hard to identify the cause and a solution.
Due to this being towards the end of our working day I will commit to chasing this up tomorrow AM for you and provide as details an update as I possibly can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fourfourdevon
Grafter

So I am unique in having an address entered that has been rejected? 
Or I am unique in having an address entered that is rejected and not notified to me?
Do you NOT see what I am going on about here?
Your system says my address is fine, how many other people does it say that to when its not?  And even if I am the only one at the moment, how can you be happy that this situation occurs?
And yes, I'm happy that you will get back to me tomorrow, but will anyone address what I'm actually going on about?  Do you recognise that I am raising two issues?  One about my address and the 999 service, and one about how you guys handle problems.  Please tell me you recognise that.
itsme
Grafter

Could it not be a problem with how the 999 services update the database? Do you know it's a PN problem.
Also your original complaint was your calls being directed to the wrong area. I would have thought the 999 system use the STD code to route the call not a database entry. Is your VoIP account using the STD code that you live in?
fourfourdevon
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
Could it not be a problem with how the 999 services update the database? Do you know it's a PN problem.
Could be, but yes of course its a Plusnet problem.  Plusnet know the address has been rejected, they just don't tell me.
Quote from: itsme
Also your original complaint was your calls being directed to the wrong area. I would have thought the 999 system use the STD code to route the call not a database entry. Is your VoIP account using the STD code that you live in?
No it's not (my code is not the code for where I live) however, this is a common problem with VoIP and this is why the database entry is used.
The first time the operator asked me where I lived and put me through the Fire Brigade saying "Unconfirmed VoIP user"
The second time I was put through to South Yorkshire police and the operator failed to actually hand my call over correctly, South Yorkshire police told me to redial 999 and ask for the correct police force
The second time (redial) I asked for the correct police and the operator handed me off correctly to the police saying "Unconfirmed VoIP user"
The third time the operator put me through to South Yorkshire police saying "Unconfirmed VoIP user", South Yorkshire police took my call and took my details and had the correct police force call me back
itsme
Grafter

No it's not (my code is not the code for where I live) however, this is a common problem with VoIP and this is why the database entry is used.

So are you being routed to the Police force that cover the STD code you are using?
I would be surprised that all Telcoms companies will have access to the 999 database to route the calls by these entries.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

fourfourdevon,
We've identified an issue with our VOIP suppliers Gradwell and we've raised this with them. I'll provide you with another update as soon as we have one back from them.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team