cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet won't let me close a ticket

jazz
Grafter

Plusnet won't let me close a ticket

I had a problem in March (my profile needed a nudge and reset) .  I raisede a ticket on 7 March (#40550318) and matter was resolved quickly within a matter of days.  I was very happy.  I tried to close the ticket but the website just responded
"We were unable to complete your requested action. This may be the result of a temporary fault.
Please try again in a few minutes."
I have tried fourteen times in the last 4 months to close the ticket but always get the same response.  Plusnet even emails me to ask why my ticket is outsstanding and does anythin gneed to be done to resolve it!  I have replied to ask for the ticket to be closed and got a reply on 5 July saying it was now closed.  I can't get rid of it though from my Member centre log-in page.  Today I got another email asking how it was all going! Plusnet have now raised a new ticket on this off theor own bat (#4467877) and I can't get rid of this either - the system will nopt let me close the question!!  I keep getting emails asking me if things are resolved and inviting me to take part in a customer survey.  My responses are getting rattier on each occasion. 
I am moving from a highly satisfied customer who's minor problem was quickly resolved into a fed up and harassed customer  who is worring what on earth is going on with Plusnet.  Can someone please close my ticket numbers 40550318 and 44467877 before I tear all the rest of my hair out??  Thanks. (rant over). Sad
10 REPLIES 10
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Plusnet won't let me close a ticket

Indeed, very odd.
I can see what caused this, as your ticket was indeed closed. However a SMS reply made to the ticket after it closed, appears to have re-opened it into an odd status.
I have created a task to our developers to correct the status of the ticket on the platform. Simply don't touch the ticket for now and this will simply be changed over the next month or so.
Our internal task ref is 347350.
As for ticket 44467877, I have indeed closed this one for you.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: P

I have created a task to our developers to correct the status of the ticket on the platform. Simply don't touch the ticket for now and this will simply be changed over the next month or so.

Apologies for butting in,  but hopefully there is also a development task on the list to investigate and resolve the root cause of WHY it happened?
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

matt_2k34
Grafter

@ Maurice
However a SMS reply made to the ticket after it closed, appears to have re-opened it into an odd status

Surely thats the cause.
What does need raising however is an internal problem, so that devs can "discard" SMS replies to tickets which have since closed..?  Roll_eyes
(rather than just prodding someone to close that instance)
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks Matt_2k34
I DID understand that the initiator of the problem was as you indicate.  However the Root Cause of why and how the Plusnet software chose to create the anomaly is a very different task to 'fixing' the resultant error.  Discarding valid messages received after ticket closure may be a possible answer, but will have lost valid user input. This is a development decision to take.
My prod was indeed to cause an internal problem to be raised (if Phil has not already raised it as part of his original action). 
Apologies if my input was not verbose enough to clarify my intent. Wink
Maurice 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jazz
Grafter

My reply to the question resolution initially was to simply to say "Thank You" to Plusnet staff for their help.  I then closed the question (I thought).  A couple of days later I found it still there and "open" so I added a message to thank again and to say the matter was now resolved and the ticket could be closed.  That's when my problem began (and still contimues). 
The answer seems to be not to say "Thank You" but just close the ticket without response when the matter has been resolved.  This is a very sad way of going about things as I would always want to say "Thank You" when I have been helped and I intend to continue doing so whether the system accepts it or not.  Meanwhile I shall ignore the "open" ticket that I have from 7 March and hope that Plusnet finds a way of closing it some time in the future.  Sad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Tickets should close automatically after 14 days with no response when with the user. Do yours stay open beyond that?
David
jazz
Grafter

My first ticket (problem resolved after three days) has so far stayed "open" for four and a half months......
I have closed it (fifteen times now)
Plusnet have closed it (four times now I think)
....but it just keeps pottering on! 
The longest I have left it without trying to close it is 8 weeks Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Gosh, that's a long time. Hopefully the task started by Phil will fix this in due course.
David
prichardson
Grafter

This should now be resolved, but given the nature of this, you will need to check this via the portal.
The root cause was resolved previously and was a cross-over related to a prior problem.
The 14 days automatic closure was going to be a suggestion, but that had been and gone within the time line. It was clearly a very stuck ticket.
jazz
Grafter

Hurray!!!  It's gone!  Thank You  Smiley