cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

I can understand the position being taken however only a court can decide whether the material was illegally obtained or not. It is surely for Mr Crossley to seek an injunction preventing further publication of this information. Were the paper's prevented from publishing the details of MP's expenses because the information had been leaked? No. Did a court give an injuction to prevent further disclosure? No. If information is the public domain it has often been the decision of the courts that injunctions should not be given as they are essentially useless at that stage.
If Mr Crossley wants to abuse the law to his advantage well then let him use to protect the information which he made publically available. I think Plusnet are overreacting. This information is not privleged until a court rules that it is.
Following Oldjim's update: Good to see that some commonsense has prevailed and that linking is allowed.
xpcomputers
Grafter

Remember the moderators here are not staff, but volunteers. I think they made the right call in asking people to hold fire until they sought clarification on what was and wasn't acceptable.
I also think that allowing links but not quotes at this stage makes perfect sense. Of course if they become "public domain" in due course, then I'd have thought quotes might then become acceptable too, but this is a sensible middle ground for the time being.
Can I pass on my thanks to the mods for the great job they do, and thank them for their quick intervention and swift decision making on this matter. Top work!
Mike
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: xpcomputers
Can I pass on my thanks to the mods for the great job they do, and thank them for their quick intervention and swift decision making on this matter. Top work!

+1

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I'd like to mention Spycatcher.  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Roll_eyes

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

fourfourdevon
Grafter

Ladies and gents,
I can confirm that Plusnet supplied customer data in the form of excel spreadsheets is in the data made available by ACS:Law on their website, and is thus in possesion of many many people now.
If you go here http://www.ueof.co.uk/acslaw/?_task=mail&_mbox=j_miller%40acs-law_co_uk&_page=1&_refresh=1 and look in teh Andrew Crossley mailbox at mail dated 20/08/2010 you can see if your name and address is in there.
Thinking about it, I would suggest that morally at least, Plusnet now owe a duty of care to let people know that they gave their details to ACS:Law who then put them on the internet.
Fletch
Grafter

All;
I'm disappointed and gravely concerned that confidential information disclosed to ACS:Law as part of a legal court order has been made public on the Internet.  I'd like to reassure customers that we are taking this very seriously and are taking steps to contact any and all customers we believe may have been affected by the incident.
I'll keep you appraised of progress.
Thanks,
Fletch
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I cant get anywhere with that link.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Fletch
I'm disappointed and gravely concerned that confidential information disclosed to ACS:Law as part of a legal court order has been made public on the Internet.  I'd like to reassure customers that we are taking this very seriously and are taking steps to contact any and all customers we believe may have been affected by the incident.

Does this mean it's on your radar then?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

fourfourdevon
Grafter

Quote from: Steve
I cant get anywhere with that link.
Yeah, it took me ages to get the website to work for me, not sure what the gating system they use to control who access the website, but I think there is some kind of first come first served gating in place, keep trying until its your turn.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

It would appear that it wasn't PN who supplied the information in such a crass way but the parent company.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=google]
Coincidence ?
Fletch
Grafter

We are going to flag every account we have disclosed to ACS:Law with a note in Workplace (Our internal CRM) so advisors are aware if anyone calls in.  This should be complete in around an hour.  We are also arranging to place a ticket on accounts and send an email.  I'll confirm when we are going to send later today.  We will look to send a letter to  customers as well.
Fletch
tonycollinet
Grafter

Quote from: purleigh
"Waste management" ... etc etc etc.

I don't think personal attacks of this kind are what we want to see here. (at least I don't). By all means criticise what he says - but this is unhelpful.
julesandsand
Grafter

Fletch,
I take it that will include those of us who have left PN since the details were disclosed.
I still have a PAYG account.
Toolbox
Grafter

I have not visited here for a few days and was shocked to see so much activity on a weekend.
I agree the mods here do a very good job in a very difficult possition at times, they always seem fair and do not over react to situations.
Now where are these Emails? and I wonder if there are any from Plusnet included.