Received, than you very much. David

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Plusnet support contact email address

@Townman 

You see... if you had written out , in full, the words that you used for the

"well known short hands used around here" 

instead of using abbreviations ..you would not have had to spend so much time and effort explaining to mere mortals, like @mandyderek  and me, and others what you were talking about....

So... you effectively shot yourself in the foot... and then put your foot in your mouth, having to explain it all..

Not everyone is a (ahem) super? ? ?  user  .... like yourself... not everyone is well versed  in the abbreviations used by IT professionals... so when you speak to the less educated than yourself, then you must use language and terminology, that is easy for them to understand...  to be able to get your point across.... instead of trying to impress with the use of abbreviations.

This... is the basis of Communication.... however, it seems that communicating within Plusnet to its users has become a thing of the past, and practising the art of hurdle building is an increasing phenomenon within  the system.... putting as many hurdles in the way, as to make it difficult to communicate effectively, and efficiently, with a communications company..

A quote from you,.... ( @mandyderek asked a question) ....

"How about allowing others to understand what you are trying to say"

You replied....

That comes across as blaming someone else for what one does not know. 

Simply asking what do the terms mean, which are not understood, is far more friendly.

Surely,  the wording in heavy type there, is the request, asking for the information ... 

so don`t patronise or pass the blame on to others for your shortcomings... by turning the table on that person with

"that comes across as blaming someone else for what one does not know" ...

That comes across as arrogance, and being very "unfriendly" to @mandyderek  despite your opening gambit.." Welcome to the forum" ... 

You said......

This forum, twitface and email systems do not readily integrate with CRM systems -

Why?  because the CRM systems designed and used within plusnet, have not kept pace with modern communication techniques, which for a communications company is not a good picture... is it...

CRM systems should have planned the systems better to be able to "readily integrate" the use of twitface and email.... strange that a double standard appears therein....  because on the one hand you are saying twitface and this forum... does not readily integrate....

but plusnet uses both,  instead of a ticket system (generated by the customer ) and/or Live chat...  now defunct.... 

you said.....

Therefore using them as a route to support can cause important information to become dispersed across several support environments.

Kind of makes you wonder what is going on at Plusnet, with so many failures in the systems that should, by now, be working perfectly for both the customer and the company, by utilising properly designed and executed systems of customer support route(s)

Instead ,,... plusnet use a mish mash of non-integrated parts, that are cobbled together, as and when a problem with the present system arises.

You said....

Email communication does not lend itself to being from a verifiable source, nor does twitface and this forum. 

and yet.....  thousands of companies,  nay millions of companies, around the world, use the email system and it works for them and their customers, extremely well....

Yes, we all know about scams and the like, but as you and those in the service of Plusnet are (to quote you )  IT professionals, it is easy enough for you to decide which are genuine requests from genuine customers, requesting genuine customer support for problems... as opposed to the unverifiable source traffic...   and... ..

Plusnet.. uses twitface,  so why not also have email.  (Oh yes,... and Live Chat.. which was also a "verifiable source"  but was shamefully closed down ) ...

You said.....

The Superusers have debated the desirability of the use of the ticket system repeatedly ... modern thinking deems it old fashioned and

not the way users want to interact. 

( and who decided that?   certainly not the users... but someone in Plusnet management. )

To conclude.... ....  .. I agree with your final wording....

Social Media is seen as fashionable and de-rigueur, but that does not making it right.

Rocki

I would advise Plusnet customers to submit their ratings to "thinkbroadband.com". Plusnet is increasingly distancing itself from their customers by various fob off methods. Their customer services is literally non-existent. They refuse to answer calls, keeping customers waiting for almost an hour (This is despite being told by Plusnet over 2yrs ago that they were recruiting extra staff to deal with this). They can no longer be contacted by email. Their chat service is also time consuming. The Forum makes it almost impossible to contribute to, since you cannot reply to threads or add new topics.

Plusnet are aware that their broadband connections issues are increasingly getting worse by the day and they don't want to deal with it, so they cut themselves off from having to communicate with customers. 

In their advertisements, Plusnet market themselves on their customer services. It is a blatant lie, considering they clearly demonstrate the complete opposite. I lost my job thanks to Plusnet since I had to tutor remotely due to the COVID-19 lockdown. The connection constantly cut off during meetings, with errors saying "Bad network connection". I phoned Plusnet and they informed me that it would be taken care of. It wasn't and it's getting worse. They sent an email, requesting that I reply if the problem persists. I did reply. Again, they ignored it. 

I am considering contacting Ofcom and the Advertising Standards Agency and doing whatever I can to take action against Plusnet. 

I have no doubt that even now, they will remove this message since it is characteristic of Plusnet.

mandyderek

Good luck with that one. I complained to their ombudsman service. (ADR)

It is obvious Plusnet has chosen and Ombudsman which it has a close relationship with, this means that they always mainly agree with plusnet even when they have an indefensible case.

If you go this route. I suggest you take your result (it will be an apology and no more) from the ADR to your MP.

Parliament is responsible for the performance of ADRs in the telecoms industry. These cosy relationships need to be exposed.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Rocki, I am truly sorry to hear of the experience that you have encountered.

I can see that you have now been assigned a case handler and your query being handled on the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mikerich323
Grafter

Rocki & MandyDerek

I agree with everything you say. Plusnet are the biggest bunch of cowboys out walking. I have been on the end of their so called customer services for 4 months and after working in that industry for over 20 years they are easily the worst company I have ever had dealings with .

I make a point whenever talking to anyone to recommend keeping well away from Plusnet.

Another point worth noting is that not everybody on these boards are who they appear to be.