Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet support contact email address

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Plusnet support contact email address

@Chris wrote:

I'm sorry that you don't like my answers, however they are the answers available.

@Chris Roll_eyesSmiley

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Chris wrote:

We've never used email for support queries, certainly not in my 10 years here.

Oh dear, Chris..... something just does not add up, from what you have just said.... firstly, as I pointed out... it is mentioned on a google search.... and that MUST have come from a page on PlusNet website SOMEWHERE... at SOME time,

Ok... so you have flagged it up for removal... but really ?  been on google for OVER 10 years  now... Does that mean that Plusnet has never changed its webpages layout since EMAIL was an option ? ? 

Another thing that doesn`t add up...  recently  less than a year ago.. NOT TEN YEARS.. we had a new forum and a new "Live Chat" facility... and. presumably, the "feedback" part of the chat was recently approved of by whoever does that sort of thing before it goes "live"... yet on there, one of the questions is... " What would you have done if Live chat had not solved your problem"  ( or similar type question).. and one of the options given to choose from is..

Contact us by email...   

Erm...  Really.. ? ? ?  " We've never used email for support queries, certainly not in my 10 years here."   

then why is it an option on the Live Chat Feedback form  ? ? ?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We have *not* used email for support. I'm not saying that information has been showing for over 10 years, I'm saying it shouldn't be there and could have been added as an error.

We're just going around in circles, I understand you don't like my answer but it's the answer that is correct.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RogerBear

Chris Parr's arrogance and rudeness appear typical of Plusnet wish I had not signed up with them cannot believe they have won awards for customer service unlee in "WORST" catagory

Chris
Legend

Sorry you're unhappy Rogerbear, anything we can help with?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I joined Plusnet in November 2001. You couldn't contact Plusnet support by email then nor at any time between then and now.

The main method back then was tickets or phone. Tickets have been phased out and replace by chat (which many of us regret).

I'm pretty sure if you searched https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Support-Archive-Forum/bd-p/CommunitySupportArchiveForum which contains the posts from the forums when they were integrated with the portal -they were closed in 2007 - you would find posts complaining about not be able to email support requests.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Charles101
Grafter

Back at the beging of this thread the problem was phishing emails and now way to report them. I have been receiving what I assume are phishing text messages on my mobile saying from Team Plusnet. These saying Plusnet has a new contract which could save money.

No way of reporting this other than the stated phone or chat - both of which can take hours to do. If this is being received by a non Plusnet person could easily click on the link enclosed and really no way to report.

Incredibly bad practice by Plusnet.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I believe that the messages sent from TeamPlusnet are genuine.

If you would like to call us to discuss our offers it would be best speaking with Customer Options on 0800 013 2632. Closing in 10 minutes, but back open from 8am tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Charles101

If you don't want Plusnet to contact with their marketing then change your preferences at https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions (login required)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Charles101
Grafter

Hi Anoush,

No, I think it is very unlikely the messages sent from TeamPlusnet are genuine. Hidden as a link address that is suggested to contact starts with "http://bit.ly/2g*****   " which is a redirection twitter address. Yes, it takes one to a PlusNet block of web pages but very suspect advertising and possibly malicious. Should never be used by an honest ISP. 

Problem is still no way to check it out with PlusNet in a timely fashion. I tried to phone, 30 to 40 minute hold. Tried Chat and gave up after 25 minutes. Not a usable solution to a question - takes too much time for a customer. Answer not needed in a hurry, but I don't want to have to sit using my time when an email system would work fine.

RogerW10
Hooked

I too would appreciate email contact, been informed monthly payment wasn't received - bank tell me you will re-present direct debit for payment, you keep send emails saying it hasn't been paid. An email would be beneficial as I work long hours cannot find time in the day for 'a call'.

ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

FYI, unfortunately the plusnet staff are wrong.

You can report phishing and fraud emails via email to plusnet. You've always been able to and it's documented in the support section. This isn't a new thing.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/stay-safe-online/ and https://www.plus.net/help/legal/service-abuse/

The address is abuse@plus.net

Anon
Pro

As far as I know Pnet do not re-present DD. I think you should contact them.

We did have a good system for reporting issues if not urgent, it was the ticket system, which Pnet decided to take out of customer reach despite many many protests.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Graham02

I want to reinforce other member views that the lack of email contact, enabling a fault to be set out clearly and with illustrations of what is wrong is exasperating. It would be much more effective, in my experience, than having a live 'chat' that results in no positive outcome.

Chris
Legend

You don't have to use chat to report faults, there's a faults troubleshooter available at https://faults.plus.net that allow you to add additional comments in to your fault report.