cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet support contact email address

chrisbr

Plusnet support contact email address

Can anybody tell me what the Plusnet support contact email address is?

I have an issue that online chat are unable to resolve.

Thanks

Chris 

95 REPLIES 95
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Plusnet support contact email address

At this time we don't have any email contacts  for these kinds of issues, one issue that I can see with using an email for these purposes is that it can attract spam meaning we cannot find the issues that need looking into.

What is the issue you are having and I can take a look into it for you Smiley

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Having tried, and, it seems, unsuccessfully to post  a new thread, I searched and find this thread... so I am copying it to this, thread...

Mods, Please note, I am not trying to "Spam" this forum...  My thread just doesn `t show up, when I look for it...

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

I have had a couple of emails, addressed to my email address with PlusNet, that "purport" to come from PlusNet,

See below

I searched on the net, for reporting phishing emails on PlusNet, and was directed to a page, that then said, that the page had been removed, as the information on it, was either out of date, or no longer relevant..  and no link to an updated page, indicating that PlusNet have not, as yet, updated the page, or have anything "relevant" to say about how to contact them regarding phishing emails.

I also searched for an email address to report these phishing and scam emails to PlusNet. using the following search criteria on Google...  Plusnet Customer Service Email address   

the first response is this....

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Contact | Plusnet

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
Use Live Chat, email, phone or send a message to contact us. ... Our award-winning customer support is available 7 days a week. Contact customer services or ...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Note the wording... email.............  so I clicked the suggestion,... but after searching all the options the only email address I could find was one for the Media to contact Plusnet pressroom@plus.net 

so much for... "our award winning customer service"........

Other companies with a large ( or any ) customer base, provide an easy to find "spoof@ xxxxxxx" email address  (or similar) so that their customers can report the criminal activity to them....

PlusNet does not seem to provide the same level of Customer Service on this point, and by not doing so, they are, by default, approving of, and assisting the criminals to carry on sending the phishing emails.

If there is an email address to contact Customer Support, or just to send these messages to PlusNet for action, then it should be made more obvious under the "Contact Us" button  on the top of all (?) pages of the website. 

PlusNet keep banging on about "we`ll do you proud"... but this is a failure they should not be proud of........

Because I could not find it, and as a warning to others who may think this kind of email is genuine, I am posting those that I have received in the past few days. in the hope that PlusNet will be able to do something that other companies do with the "spoof" emails they receive from their customers.

Yeah, I know it is not addressed to me personally, but it is signed  "Customer Support"

My email address has been corrupted by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX for safety !.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

From - Sat Jul 09 23:25:58 2016
X-Account-Key: account1
X-UIDL: UID27008-1191341690
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-Mozilla-Keys:                                                                                 
From: Email Alerting Service <unquarantine@quarantine.plus.com>
Subject: Alert:  An email addressed to you has been quarantined
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.plus.com
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 23:19:07 +0100
Message-Id: <4539e25e3b53c5df92379197c531394d@ryannavarro.com>
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 160709-0, 09/07/2016), Inbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

Dear Plusnet Customer,

You are receiving this mail because you have an active virus-scanning
service, and either a banned file extension or an email containing
a virus has been sent to your address.

The mail was sent to you from:

*       "FedEx International Economy" <angel.costa@ryannavarro.com>

The subject line of the mail received was:

*       [-SPAM-] Delivery Notification, ID 000380934

In order to protect you, this email has been stored on our servers
and quarantined.  If you wish to retrieve this, please send an
email to unquarantine@quarantine.plus.com containing the following information;

----------------------- SUPPORT INFORMATION ----------------------
Quarantine-Id: 51f92ffbb1fb0f51fbc096ff95b038f55174
Message-Id: <4539e25e3b53c5df92379197c531394d@ryannavarro.com>
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.plus.com

It should be possible to reply to this mail to retrieve your email,
as long as your email application includes this entire message in
the reply.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

From - Wed Jul 13 09:38:19 2016
X-UIDL: UID27069-1191341690
X-Mozilla-Keys:                                                                                 
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.plus.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 09:28:28 +0100
Message-Id: <7f93dc50da3805be0c1383904f562551@retra-perm.ru>
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 160712-2, 12/07/2016), Inbound message

Dear Plusnet Customer,

*       "FedEx International MailService" <eduardo.hardin@retra-perm.ru>

*       [-SPAM-] Problem with parcel shipping, ID:0000202161

Quarantine-Id: 54e29ec18356d08fe489f000200d77ab26747
Message-Id: <7f93dc50da3805be0c1383904f562551@retra-perm.ru>
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.plus.com

the reply.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support.

From - Wed Jul 13 22:10:40 2016
X-UIDL: UID27077-1191341690
X-Mozilla-Keys:                                                                                 
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 22:02:48 +0100
Message-Id: <6dba913b5f565da54180054c83ac603f@ceaweather.com>
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 160713-1, 13/07/2016), Inbound message

Dear Plusnet Customer,

*       "FedEx 2Day A.M." <douglas.mooney@ceaweather.com>

*       [-SPAM-] We could not deliver your parcel, #0000189080

Quarantine-Id: 360e3975b1efe4bcb38a257ca3e9001414519
Message-Id: <6dba913b5f565da54180054c83ac603f@ceaweather.com>

the reply.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I am sure I posted this  ( or very similar) on Feedback about Midnight last night ( 13th July) but could not find it this morning when I logged on...  so I have had to redo it...

Perhaps someone from Plusnet can let me , and others, know where we can send phishing emails , as above, purporting to come from Plusnet Customer Service, so that they may be dealt with .

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

They aren't phishing emails. They are emails that have been quarantined as our system detected something untoward in them and the email advises you on how to retrieve them if you want them.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@shutter, you have posted a similar thread in the "Everything Else" forum.

shutter
Community Veteran

Yes... that appears to be true.... I have just had "issues" with Live Chat about the original, and also the second version not appearing... apparently, according to "chris" in "social media" the "system" blocked them as it thought they were spam ! ! !  Cheesy

However, he/she could not see any reason why they would be blocked...  ! ! 

shutter
Community Veteran

@Chris Generally, emails such as you are saying, are not addressed to "Dear Plusnet customer" unless they are phishing/spam messages...

So, if, as you say, it is a "genuine" PN message, why was it not addressed to me, personally, with my full name ?

You also fail to address the crux of the matter in my post, regarding the lack of " spoof @....... "   customer support  or any means of contacting Plusnet by email, despite what it says on the google search item as mentioned in my post...

Lack of customer support on where to send "phishing emails" purporting to come from PlusNet, is hardly "doing us proud" and , as also mentioned in my post, is, by default, approving, and assisting criminals to send this kind of message .

Chris
Legend

You can contact our support on live chat to report phising emails and they can advise on this further.

The unquarantine emails have always had the same format, I'm not aware of any plans to change these I'm afraid.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shutter
Community Veteran

Of course, you can. and you can phone up. but you cannot contact plusnet by email, unless you belong to "The Media"...

WE, are the customers,  but it seems that the "Award winning customer service" is beginning to lose it`s shine, ...

There used to be a saying,  " The customer is always right"... but from Plusnet`s attitude, it seems, only "some" of them are right.... "some of the time".... and "some" of them are right "Part of the time", but in effect, some are wrong, most of the time.

In this case,  customers have to spend hours trying to find out how to report spam/phishing/hacking emails, due to lack of email contact addresses.....and there is no info page that can easily be accessed, as they think it is "out of date", or "no longer relevant"... ...

@Chris.... surely, it would not be too difficult to put a page up, with up to date information, that is, as well, relevant, to the problem you are causing by not having such a page.  It should of course, explain why PlusNet does not want to be contacted by email regarding these criminal activities, and the alternative methods of reporting such to PlusNet.

That, would, at least, go some way towards backing up the claims, that  "We will do you proud".,... and the "award winning customer service" claim too...

By the way... you also need to re-address what it says about contacting PlusNet via email, in the linky that I put up at the start of the thread... as it is totally untrue.. ( unless you belong to "the media"... )

Chris
Legend

but you cannot contact plusnet by email, unless you belong to "The Media"..

We've never used email for support queries, certainly not in my 10 years here.

In this case,  customers have to spend hours trying to find out how to report spam/phishing/hacking emails, due to lack of email contact addresses.....and there is no info page that can easily be accessed, as they think it is "out of date", or "no longer relevant"... ...

As mentioned previously the ways to report this are via the contact methods we do use, calls and chat. I'm confident it doesn't take hours to find out how to contact our support team.

Contact | Plusnet

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
Use Live Chat, email, phone or send a message to contact us. ... Our award-winning customer support is available 7 days a week. Contact customer services or ...
I've flagged that this is appearing on Google up internally. Thank you.
shutter
Community Veteran

Well, I must be a bit thick then, cos it did take me hours to decide that there was no way I could contact PlusNet via email... I was constantly referred back to previous pages, and kept trying alternatives, thinking that I had missed some part of the process, somewhere, or missed a link, tucked away out of site of the screen area.

You are still "ducking the issue" that there is no current information page to inform customers of how to contact PlusNet regarding this specific criminal activity,... and by not giving customers that information, you are hindering their efforts to help you to track down and reduce the incidences.

Not supplying a proper "contact us" section for phishing/scams/hacker type emails, is, in my opinion, a sign that PllusNet isn`t "that bothered" or to put it another way.... "couldn`t care less".. which is totally opposite to the ofen quoted "Award winning customer service".. doing us all proud.

Just mentioning the fact that you can contact PN via live chat or telephone,  in a reply on this forum is not a proper way to inform customers as a whole, when the page that contained such info has been removed due to it being out of date, or no longer relevant .. 

Direct Question... Are you (PlusNet customere services)  going to provide a direct link, to an updated and relevant page on the PlusNet site, giving information as to how to contact PlusNet regarding Phishing/Scam emails?

If not, WHY ?

As for "flagging it up" about what appears on Google..... as if it is their doing....  C`mon Chris...  it comes from PlusNet`s own wording... ... which, by your statement.  "We've never used email for support queries, certainly not in my 10 years here.".... means that information is over ten years old... ...   Really  ? ? ? 

Chris
Legend

Direct Question... Are you (PlusNet customere services)  going to provide a direct link, to an updated and relevant page on the PlusNet site, giving information as to how to contact PlusNet regarding Phishing/Scam emails?

If not, WHY ?

It's very unlikely as there are already ways to contact us available. Having a specific page for *every* single thing that could possibly happen/need to contact us about would mean 1000's of different process and links which would make the help & support system completely unwieldy. Contacting us via the currently available methods is the best way to alert us to any issues such as this.

I've just checked and going through contact us, or the help and support system both allow you to get in touch via chat or call.

As for "flagging it up" about what appears on Google..... as if it is their doing....  C`mon Chris...  it comes from PlusNet`s own wording... ... which, by your statement.  "We've never used email for support queries, certainly not in my 10 years here.".... means that information is over ten years old... ...   Really  ? ? ? 

I wasn't trying to pass the blame here, however that does *not* appear on our site directly so must be in some tagging on a page. I've flagged that up to get the tagging corrected.

Not supplying a proper "contact us" section for phishing/scams/hacker type emails, is, in my opinion, a sign that PllusNet isn`t "that bothered" or to put it another way.... "couldn`t care less".. which is totally opposite to the ofen quoted "Award winning customer service".. doing us all proud.

We supply a proper method of contacting us, chat or call. Sorry if this isn't the one you want to use but they are the ones available to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

But in order to implement such a service it demands resources both human and non-human and those resources cost money! So if there is no where to send such email it costs nothing! A service can't be implemented with the inputs going to /dev/null as that doesn't stop people asking if progress has been made as that still requires human intervention.

So unless there's money in the pot this will go nowhere.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Chris... smoke and mirrors, and sidestepping the points made......    Ever thought of standing for parliament?  Oh Shucks,... you just missed an opportunity.. ! ! .. Some woman got the job...... Cheesy

Chris
Legend

I'm sorry that you don't like my answers, however they are the answers available.