Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet staff overstepping the mark

mal0z
Grafter

Re: Plusnet staff overstepping the mark

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
and the bill for my hospilisation after falling off my chair and braking a leg.
techguy
Grafter

Very good
Move along please, nothing to see here.
Santiago
Grafter

geewizz, I am going miss you when you go!
techguy
Grafter

He'll be back
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi Guys,
My access has been restored (I didn't just get my admin removed, the login went as well - thanks Kelly Cry ) and while I wanted to exercise my right to reply I think this has been a really great thread and I should probably just want to leave it with my lesson learnt and feeling a bit silly.
That said...
Just for the record on the subject line thing that I had asked the mods at lunchtime on that day to tag the subjects, as we were just sending the newsletter and I felt it was very confusing as it was, especially as the newsletter had a link straight to that forum. Everyone from the mods team was clearly busy and by the evening they hadn't come back to me, so I decided to do it myself to see how it looked and try to stop any confusion spreading. I absolutely shouldn't have done that without at least putting a note on the posts and I agree that it's wrong for staff to get involved in such things anyway.
What I do hope is that in the future, if there are more mod elections, that people will feel they can stick their hand up and get involved in the running of the forums - without you lot there isn't a community, and it can be a very thankless task running these boards. I think this highlights why having enough responsive mods is important, even though that's really only a silver lining on a bit of a cloud for me.
Ian
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Thanks for that Ian. Just one question outstanding:
Quote from: jelv
Another thought: Exactly how many Plusnet staff have moderator rights on these forums?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

No staff are in the moderator group.  However, there are a couple in the forum admin group which allow them to make permission changes and therefore make substantial changes.
They are:
Me
Pete Jackson
Mark Kelly
Colin Ogilvie
and the Comms Team.
---
Ian Wild was within that group but asked to be taken out.
This permission is for the installation and set up of the board.  It also allows us to take emergency actions, i.e. a hack attempt in the middle of the night etc.
added Colin as I missed him!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I always like a happy ending....but a very interesting and more importantly,intelligent debate it was. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine