cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet staff - Ignorant or inept?

mickyd
Grafter

Plusnet staff - Ignorant or inept?

First let me say that I chose the title of this topic carefully.
I don't usually use such strong language but in this case I think it is justified.
My issue with the Help and Support staff can be seen in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,77288.0.html.
As you can see from that thread.
My overcharging issue (completely Plusnet's fault) was resolved with the help of Pete from this forum. Thanks again Pete!
The Help staff completely failed!
My issue on this thread though is this:
My original query to the help staff contained the following from me:

<<I have been a customer for many years and WILL NOT accept this level of service.
I also could find no information that the term of the new contract was 18 months.
I wish to return IMMEDIATELY to my old contract.
I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER RESOLUTION.
I apologise for the capitalisation but I want to make my position clear!>>

In all my responses from the help staff, the above part of my query has been completely ignored.
No mention of it at all!
All three members of staff dealing with this query completely ignored that part.
Even when I replied to a message from [CSA Name Removed] with the following:
<<I invite you to go back and ACTUALLY read my first question and consider whether you think the concerns I raised were actually addressed.>>
Still completely ignored!
He must have missed it too!

I would like to ask (especially any Plusnet staff members).
Do you think this is acceptable?
To completely ignore issues raised by customers?
Luckily for me, I am (at least so far), reasonably happy with the Value package now that the overcharging issue has been resolved.
So my original concern about returning to my original package has somewhat subsided.
I did consider just leaving things as is and saying no more.
I do think though, that it is common courtesy to at least acknowledge an issue raised by customers.
Please Plusnet staff.
No replies to the effect of 'glad your issue was resolved'.
Just answer the question.
Acceptable? Or not?
Mick

Moderators note by Chemical Brother: Agents' Name removed as per the Forum Rules
25 REPLIES 25
Mand
Grafter

Re: Plusnet staff - Ignorant or inept?

I don't think any member of staff here would say it was acceptable. Things can get missed from time to time in tickets, but part of our agent monitoring and skills training is to ensure that every point a customer makes is responded to first time.
I can see that the issue has now been fully resolved for you, and am just sorry it took so long and so many requests from you to make it happen.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I think this is a general problem & one that added to the reason I decided to leave Madasafish. It was plainly obvious by the replies I got to my tickets  the answers were not tailored to my specfic problems but were general replies
baldrick
Grafter

I have recently referred friends to PN and they have duly joined up. They decided to change their password, which was done. Unfortunately, and I don't know how it happened, in the process the Thomson router was programmed with the user name less the '@plusdsl.net' ending. Obviously all carried on working until there was a disconnection and then, of course, no reconnection. Two phone calls were made seeking assistance and on both occasions the PN 'help' agent insisted that the password had been incorrectly entered. On the second occassion the agent was reported as adopting an aggressive tone in response to being told that this was not the case.
I would not have thought it was beyond the wit of the most basically trained agent to go through the appropriate router screen to check that both the password and username were correctly installed, especially as you supply the router and should therefore be fully au fait with its set up..
In the event, I have had to make a 40 mile round trip to sort it out and my friends a) feel guilty for me having to go and do this and b) I suspect they are cross that I have recommended an organisation with such a poor support service. As you may imagine, I am not impressed.
James
Grafter

Hi Baldrick,
A couple of things here from me.
Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm sorry that your friend (and ultimately you) received a poor level of support.  All of our technical staff are trained to support the reconfiguration of a router, especially if it's one that we send out!
Secondly, we're currently running and easy setup trial, which will allow automatic configurations of router using TR-069 technology which wouuld have hopefully made this a non issue.
Please pass on my apologies to your friend.
mal0z
Grafter

I would not call PN staff either ignorant or inept - but I agree that handling of tickets can be problematic sometimes, and I have had to post queries here on community to get the issue resolved - often by James  Smiley
So I would say CS agent training needs to be ongoing.
James
Grafter

Which is exactly what happens.  We have a dedicated CSC trainer who spends his tijme (you'll never guess this..) training the CSC.  Both in new product releases, refresher training and training for any new starters.
mal0z
Grafter

well yes - I wrote that piece badly didn't I ?  Wink - I sort of knew that James - but clearly some people need more training .
But as always - it's the poor cases that are highlighted - the vast majority of things are probably well handled.
James
Grafter

No - You didn't at all.  I just suffered from a sudden burst of sarcasm overload!
There's not really a massive reason why you would know, but we've had a dedicated CSC trainer here for as long as I can remember.  It used to be Bob!
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh

... We have a dedicated CSC trainer who spends his tijme (you'll never guess this..) training the CSC. ...

But who trains the trainer? Not being insulting here but in one company I worked for I found that staff were being trained with the wrong information as the training department had not been updated with the latest work practices for the job. The new staff insisted they were doing it correctly, why? Because that is how they had just been taught.
mal0z
Grafter

Well you cope with all sorts of abusive stuff here very well - you are allowed some sarcasm from time to time  Cheesy
James
Grafter

@Spider
The training material has to be signed off by various people within the company and there's ften a member of the Comms Team that has input, especially if it's product related.
Teds31
Grafter

I'm having trouble with my G/sons computer connection with T**kT**K and believe me PN by comparison are saints. Sad
JonJon
Grafter

Which is exactly what happens.  We have a dedicated CSC trainer who spends his tijme (you'll never guess this..) training the CSC.  Both in new product releases, refresher training and training for any new starters.

As a matter of interest, does he also browse these forums from time to time? Just to see the topics which re-occur (or topics which are raised on here because of frustrations with CSC)?
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: baldrick
Two phone calls were made seeking assistance and on both occasions the PN 'help' agent insisted that the password had been incorrectly entered. On the second occassion the agent was reported as adopting an aggressive tone in response to being told that this was not the case.

There are always two side of a story. I'm not familar with this particular router but most routers encrypt the password so perhaps your friend was adopting an aggressive tone by dismissing the agent request that the password was incorrect. How did your friend know that the password was correct? Also how did your friend change the username without knowing? Sound to me that you want to blame someone else for your friends mistake.