cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet self destructing?

All4One
Grafter

Re: Plusnet self destructing?

By chat reference, he means your personal chat reference ID with the agent like #123456
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

As above. You'll have been given a chat reference at the start of the conversation. I may be able to find it by searching keywords from the chat as an alternative when I get in tomorrow.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
digital
Grafter

I didn't note the chat reference and there isn't one in the emailed transcript.
Does
Chat start time Jul 27, 2015 10:35:40 AM GMT
Chat end time Jul 27, 2015 10:47:29 AM GMT
help?
Would the agent's initial help? I don't want to embarrass him in public if quoting it would identify him...
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I should have other means of finding it (once I get into work).
Thanks for your efforts anyway. Was there anything from the ticket history that you needed? I promise I won't ask you for money.
Matty
digital
Grafter

I simply wanted to check on when my contract, which is a two year contract, was up for renewal. The 12 month limit on ticket availability made that impossible and so I had to waste Plusnet's 'live' resources and use Chat (and then all that that has followed from the poor response).
I've previously found it seriously useful to be able to check back beyond a year, even beyond two years, on 'events'. Removing this option is, as far as I'm concerned, a bad and unnecessary move.
As in the thread's title and opening comments in my initial post, I'm concerned that Plusnet is self destructing (despite the efforts of people like yourself and Bob Pullen).
gofaster
Rising Star

I know it's a crazy place to find the info but if you sign in to the Member Center and select "Product change" and then click "Change my products" you should get a panel saying "THIS IS YOUR CURRENT BROADBAND PACKAGE" which will tell you how many months of your contract are left.
Why on earth isn't this important information available in the My Account/Account details section.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There used to be a policy that said tickets were retained for three years: http://web.archive.org/web/20140703193416/http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/data_retentio...
Like a lot of things recently that has been sneakily changed and the policy has disappeared.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mark
Grafter

@John
The ticket archiving piece was implemented quite a bit before I left. I'd hazard a guess and having just checked with Phil R, we reckon that it was late 2010 or early 2011.
I'm nearly certain this was discussed on the forums around that time but I may be wrong on that one.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Yes the archiving was implemented some time ago - but it wasn't as drastic as it is now. It's when it changed to only be a year I'm asking about.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
digital
Grafter

@ MattyC
Did you manage to find the Chat and is there any likelihood of reversing the decision to limit us to 12 months of tickets? For anyone on a >12 month contract it makes no sense...
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, I've found the chat and fed back. I think the agent's leaving the company next week though.  Roll_eyes
My main interest is in finding out when it changed in the first place first.
Anon
Pro

The trouble is that the moral of the stoiry ius that agents answering 'on the hoof' may well get the story wrong, but the poor punter has no way of knowing that. With the ticket system there could be a 'considered' reply to which the punter could consider his/her response. But PN don't like that anymore.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.