cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet self destructing?

digital
Grafter

Plusnet self destructing?

Ridiculous price increases, residential access to help restricted, raising a ticket made almost impossible, and now this...
Info: Thank you for talking to us today - we'll be with you shortly.
All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 12 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
Info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 5 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
Info: You are now chatting with Agent.
Agent: Hi
Agent: How can I help?
Me: I am unable to find any of my tickets which are older than one year. Could you advise on how I might access them, please?
Agent: To get a hold of these you will need to apply for a subject access request.
Agent: You can do this by writing to us. It does cost £10.00 and we request you send us a cheque for this amount with your letter.
Me: You wish to charge me £10 to access tickets older than one year?
Me: The tickets are part of my account's history and I have previously been able to access them quite freely.
Agent: This is the amount you pay for a Subject Access Request.
You couldn't make it up!
26 REPLIES 26
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet self destructing?

the earliest I can see is 07/08/14 - flaming great if I want to check what I signed up to on a 24 month or 18 month contract
digital
Grafter

And that's why I wanted access!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Let me nip this in the bud now and tell you that the agent was wrong, and as the individual who deals with the majority of our DSAR's, that was a bit upsetting to read. Will have a chat with the agent you spoke with personally on this one.
Tickets go back two years, and then they are removed from our CRM so agents can't see them. A job can be raised to our database analysts for anything beyond that, though it helps for us to know what you're looking for as it's a bit of an arduous task.
Why couldn't the agent find the second years worth of tickets? I think it's because it's on a different tab, so I'll make him aware of it.
@OP - Anything in particular that you're looking for?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the double post.
OP - I don't think your account was accessed during this chat. Are you ok to help me out with the chat reference?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Oldjim
the earliest I can see is 07/08/14

Same here
Quote from: MattyC
Tickets go back two years,

Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Earliest for me is 31/7/14
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Yet another "things I wish I'd known were coming before I entered in to a new contract"! Angry
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry Dick, I should have elaborated a little.
Agents can see up to 24 months. 12 months worth of tickets/service notices are acessible on the Member's Centre.
@jelv - Nothing has actually changed.
Matty
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Something HAS changed, but I don't know when - some time ago I used to be able to see tickets going back to 2002.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Culling tickets visible to the user to a period shorter than the contract length many people have entered in to is bonkers!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It will have been quite a while ago, well before the date the new contract was signed up to.
For my own interest, I've emailed our database analysts to see if any of them know the exact date. I can't guarantee a timescale for an answer, or whether they'll know, but if they do I'll pass on the information.
Matty
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

One of the reasons I KEEP the email that normally accompanies a change like new contract.
I say  normally  as I have 2 tickets but only one email, and it arrived a day after the ticket.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Golden rule number one, always print out a copy of your contract as soon as possible or paste a copy into your documents folder. Smiley
We are born into history and history is born into us.
digital
Grafter

@ MattyC
Thanks for coming back so quickly, and I can see that you would be upset!
The agent was quite clear that nothing was accessible after 12 months, something which, on top of the various other recent degradations in service, made me decide that, despite being with Force9/Plusnet for many years,  I'm probably best off looking elsewhere for my line rental and broadband. Which is quite ironic as I was trying to access my tickets to check on when my contract was due to end and so make sure nothing untoward happened.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'Are you ok to help me out with the chat reference?' but I'll help if you can clarify.
Just to add my 2p to comments from others, I have previously been able to access tickets going a loooong way back and have found that to be useful. Is there really a good reason to deny us access?