Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's Status Page.

nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Plusnet's Status Page.

Over the past three months there have been quite a few problems with the email server(s) one way or another, and there is another one today. Back in August I vented my spleen about the lack of any Status Notifications over this, and other problems. The Status page has now become the BT routine maintenance page. Back in 2002 when I joined PN, they were proud of the fact that they were "open and honest" about problems, so that customers could keep up to date and not flood the helpdesk with the same questions. That to me is pure logic!

Now it's just died! Surely it makes sense to publish a problem list via some sort of status page doesn't it? We are all paying customers who have a right to be kept informed about the service we get. Any less than this is just plain ignorance and professional incompetence!

Could someone please let us know why we can't have the status page kept up to date with information that actually affects us, not just BT routines.

25 REPLIES 25
Harold1066
Grafter

Re: Plusnet's Status Page.

I too have been experiencing email problems today. My problems are with the POP server - I am getting a 0x800CCC90 error. The email client says 'connected' and then after a while I get this error. I can access my emails via webmail which is not my preferred method.

There is nothing on the status page - email has an 'amber' status but all the comments relate to webmail.

I reported this via a 'chat' and was told it was a known issue and would be corrected 'shortly'. There was an implication that the online pages would be updated.

It would save us all a lot of time if there was accurate information on the status page.

I suppose I should be grateful because the last time I rang the call centre I was told that it was an error with the way my emailclient was configured. Odd since I hadn't touched it. I work in IT and know how to configure an email client! I expect the call centre agent has to meet targets and if the end user can be blamed then the call can be cleared quickly.

So please update the status page with accurate information!

Harold1066
Grafter

POP server has just leap back into life! I wonder how long for!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Another thing is that when there is a problem its always " We're currently aware of an issue affecting a small number of customers "

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

two minutes after my post Hey presto

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Email-Problems/m-p/1486825/highlight/true#M237

nozzer
Hero

@plusnet....    all you have to do now is make sure that someone is allocated to keep the status page updated properly. Just think of the hassle you could save yourselves!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Unfortunately Plusnet spend more time on Twitface support  ,, they must think its more important than the forum

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

We know some customers are experiencing problems when trying to use a client to pick up their mail i.e. Outlook or Thunderbird

@HarryB

This always annoys me. It would be good if you learnt the difference between "i.e." and "e.g" - or are you saying that the issue specifically affected users of those two mail clients only and that anyone using a different email client would be unaffected?

linky

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
nozzer
Hero

Another thought...   am I correct in assuming that there is actually a Customer Services Manager? If there is, does (s)he look at the forum pages, particularly this Feedback page, or is there a system in place to ensure that comments like these are referred to him/her? If not, then I would regard it as a matter of priority to make sure that there is. 

There have been many critical posts in these pages. If they are just being ignored then what's the point of having a feedback page? Many of the older generation who use PN are, or have been, in management positions (some very senior), and can see where the shortcomings are in the way Customer Service is managed. The manager responsible for CS should be practicing "management by walking about", or simply put, visit the coal-face more often! Have a look at the kind of feedback being posted and learn from it. Otherwise the kind of comments posted here will remain mostly critical and openly visible to anyone who wants to see them. Not really a way to attract customers!

Right, rant over! Sad

And a lift from the Plusnet Careers page...   hmmmmmm.

About The Customer Service Centre

If you have a passion for delivering excellent customer service in a performance driven environment – welcome!

The Plusnet Customer Service Centre operates in Sheffield and Leeds and is responsible for delivering the award-winning customer service that Plusnet’s known for.

Our advisors don’t use scripts. We want you to work on your own initiative, have amazing conversations with our customers and use your skills to deal with requests as quickly and efficiently as possible.

The Plusnet Customer Service Centre is made up of a number of teams with people from a wide range of backgrounds. All of them share the common goal of delivering outstanding customer service.

Harold1066
Grafter

I agree with nozzer's comments.

I am also unclear how Plusnet become aware of issues. For some problems it would be obvious very quickly! But for others, such as the problem with POP servers it may take longer. I suspect that a great many customers use webmail. Certainly speaking to my friends that is the case - they seem to be unaware that you can set up an email client and store your emails on your own machine!

It doesn't help not being able to raise tickets. It also doesn't help when the call centre doesn't accept that there is an issue at their end but assumes that you [the end user] is in error.

If services are not being monitored then the only way that they are going to be aware is if someone tells them!

Without an appropriate service status message then they will get a lot more calls than they need get which takes staff away from fixing the problem.

In this case the service status message was logged at 15:29 with the resolution message at 16:31. The problem had first occurred at around midday - I had a live chat with the service centre at 13:39 [although the transcript is times at 08:39 EST - odd when we are in the3 UK].

Could do better.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The problem had first occurred at around midday

actually I noticed it and posted at 10.00am

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

The Main problem with plusnet is they are believing their previous awards , and they dont need to improve Crazy2

Its like every time there is a major problem all plusnet says is give us time we will get there Lips_are_sealed

It has been said that many time now no one believes them Ticked_off

I don't think any managers visit here because they are afraid of the truth about how bad support is getting , its about time they stopped concentrating on increasing customers with free offers and get support fixed to the level it was a few years ago .

at the moment they are just fighting with Talk Talk to get to the bottom of the pile Crazy3

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

like the new accounting system - was that a pig I saw flying past the window Crazy3

nozzer
Hero

Anyone fancy applying for this job which is currently on Plusnet's vacancies page...

https://careers.plus.net/customer-insight-analyst/

You will investigate behaviours and demographics, becoming an expert in our Customers. You will be a part of developing market-leading strategies, presenting and engaging with a wide variety of audiences including Senior Leadership.

Your data analysis skills will be put to work building Propensity Models using the internal customer database. This will help to identify Retention, Acquisition and Cross-Sell opportunities to guide our customer contact strategy. You will look at the ways in which we communicate with our existing and new customers, including email & outbound calls.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@nozzer this is a better one Smiley

https://careers.plus.net/customer-advocate-leeds/

In this role you will have the ability to identify root cause of complaints and or dissatisfaction, understand common themes driving complaints and dissatisfaction from our customers and give feedback that will enable us to improve the customer experience.

The role requires you to reduce risk and driving the 'prevention' as well as the cure. You will also analyse trends in customers’ complaints and dissatisfaction that will enable us to hold areas accountable for change and or improvement. You are also responsible for driving the adherence to compliance metrics across the operation

Identifying customer issues, raising problems, resolving them, and driving a better customer experience every time.