cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet refusing to pay cashback

hevafc29

Plusnet refusing to pay cashback

Despite being with PlusNet over 5 weeks now I never received my email to claim £50 cashback.  Despite repeated calls, they never sort this, just "escalate" to a different department which never replies.  They always have a reason for you to "wait" and I am sick and tired of keeping having to ring PlusNet and try to chase this up.  (Plus they limited my broadband speed to less than 1 mbps for over a fortnight before fixing it - that would mean downloading a SD movie would take over 12 hours!)
I decided to "escalate" and cancel PlusNet and was then told, we we'll pay your cashback to you within 5 days with two separate invoices of £25 which will go straight to your account.
Did it arrive?  Of course not,  Never a satisfactory answer and never a resolution to this. 
A complaint to Ofcom is pending.  Disgusting customer service, if there had not been £50 cashback incentive to join I would have went with a different provider.
I'm guessing others have this problem too?
28 REPLIES 28
boacon
Grafter

Re: Plusnet refusing to pay cashback

Oh yes others have this problem lol. We have been waiting more than 9 weeks now, escalated maybe 5 or 6 times and still no closer. The incredible thing with us is all they need to do is send an email and even that seems too difficult. Every time it will be with me in 7 working days. I was just told they are working on resolving the problem ASAP, 9 weeks lol. Like you without the £75 Amazon voucher we would have gone elsewhere. My biggest gripe is that everyone is very sorry but nobody seems able to fix it. All it needs is an email being sent to my email address, not rocket science you would think. If they would let me out of the contract I would go today. It would certainly save THEM some aggravation.
So basically you are far from alone unfortunately.
jim:quote
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Quote from: hevafc29
Despite being with PlusNet over 5 weeks now I never received my email to claim £50 cashback.  Despite repeated calls, they never sort this, just "escalate" to a different department which never replies.  They always have a reason for you to "wait" and I am sick and tired of keeping having to ring PlusNet and try to chase this up.  (Plus they limited my broadband speed to less than 1 mbps for over a fortnight before fixing it - that would mean downloading a SD movie would take over 12 hours!)
I decided to "escalate" and cancel PlusNet and was then told, we we'll pay your cashback to you within 5 days with two separate invoices of £25 which will go straight to your account.
Did it arrive?  Of course not,  Never a satisfactory answer and never a resolution to this. 
A complaint to Ofcom is pending.  Disgusting customer service, if there had not been £50 cashback incentive to join I would have went with a different provider.
I'm guessing others have this problem too?

Hey, There was an issue with the automated service that missed your email for you to receive the offer. The refund cheque for £50 was only produced on 02/03/2015 to the correct department to process this for you, please allow 5-7 working days for this to arrive it is on its way to you.
Cheers
Ben B
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Quote from: boacon
Oh yes others have this problem lol. We have been waiting more than 9 weeks now, escalated maybe 5 or 6 times and still no closer. The incredible thing with us is all they need to do is send an email and even that seems too difficult. Every time it will be with me in 7 working days. I was just told they are working on resolving the problem ASAP, 9 weeks lol. Like you without the £75 Amazon voucher we would have gone elsewhere. My biggest gripe is that everyone is very sorry but nobody seems able to fix it. All it needs is an email being sent to my email address, not rocket science you would think. If they would let me out of the contract I would go today. It would certainly save THEM some aggravation.
So basically you are far from alone unfortunately.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Forum Rule]

Hey, Chris is continuing to chase this up for you.
Ben B
oooBEXooo
Grafter

Take it to Ofcom. Thats whats its there for. Bet the person woy only got 1 MB was still changed full price. I asked a similar question once and asked if im still being charged full price, the lady of the phone confirmed I wasnt being changed but only after having a mini seizure on the keyboard and possibly setting a new world record for typing and stuttering. I even asked if she was felling ok, Shortness of breathe and stuttering.
deezel55
Grafter

Yup, same thing here, having to chase cashback, same old excuses, it's really appalling
its damn miserable chasing something which has been promised but is not delivered.
damage done for these delays probably incalculable
get your finger out plusnet and fulfill your commitments
oooBEXooo
Grafter

You think waiting for £50 is bad, take a look at this
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137125.0.html
boacon
Grafter

Quote from: deezel55
Yup, same thing here, having to chase cashback, same old excuses, it's really appalling
its damn miserable chasing something which has been promised but is not delivered.
damage done for these delays probably incalculable
get your finger out plusnet and fulfill your commitments

This really is the crux of the matter, I can't imagine I am the only one that will definitely NOT re sign with Plusnet when our contract is up. The product provided is OK although our kids complain that when both playing online games the speed suddenly drops to virtually nothing. Because of the shocking customer service I will certainly be looking elsewhere. I wonder how many others will do likewise ?
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: boacon
our kids complain that when both playing online games the speed suddenly drops to virtually nothing. Because of the shocking customer service I will certainly be looking elsewhere. I wonder how many others will do likewise ?

Have you raised a fault for this/gone through the fault's process? I cannot see you posting on here about the speed issues.
dnpark38
Rising Star

As a new starter to be with Plusnet I'm a bit concerned when reading here particularly as the £50 cash back offer in the big print on the website offers is not explained there.
I have just done some searching in the FAQ to get this which I should thin applies to me.
If you've signed up to a cashback  the process is as follows:
Within 10 working days of your account going live - you'll receive an email sent to the address you provided when you signed up.
Open the email and click the link. This link is valid for two months from the date you receive it.
You will then be directed to an online form. Once filled in, click submit.
You'll then see a confirmation screen.
Cashback offers - within 30 days of clicking the link you'll receive a cheque through the post. This will be in the name of the account holder, sent to the address on your account.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
All4One
Grafter

Speeds drop to virtually nothing...probably using wifi...for online gaming... Crazy
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@dnpark38 There have been problems, but it isn't as bad as it may seem reading some of, and in particular, this thread. If you do have problems, we've got a team of people who will investigate for you and ensure it is sorted.
@boacon Could you give us more details about the service problems you are experiencing, preferably in the ADSL/Fibre forum, so we can take a look at that and see if the speeds can be improved upon?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
dnpark38
Rising Star

Thanks, not worried as everything is going like clockwork, EG. Router arrived. this morning.
Point I think I would make is the omission by your marketing dept. of the usual *  by the "£50 cash back" leading to the smaller print of how it works as I found in the FAQ I quoted.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
joclark
Grafter

Quote from: dnpark38
Thanks, not worried as everything is going like clockwork, EG. Router arrived. this morning.
Point I think I would make is the omission by your marketing dept. of the usual *  by the "£50 cash back" leading to the smaller print of how it works as I found in the FAQ I quoted.

If you do have any issues with  receiving the cashback please do not hesitate to contact us. Like mentioned before there has been some issues regarding this but there is a team who is dealing with these issues as and when they occur. The small print is a legality and a formality that as you can appreciate if anything does go wrong we have a process in place.

@boacon have you raised a fault on your account for us to investigate the speed and connection issues you are incurring.

Thanks
boacon
Grafter

Quote from: joclark

@boacon have you raised a fault on your account for us to investigate the speed and connection issues you are incurring.

Thanks

I haven't to be honest. I was told by BT that although PN offer unlimited broadband they do in fact speed limit the connection at times of high use. Our kids do complain about the speed suddenly dropping off when they are gaming. Not sure if there is any point raising a complaint if this is a known policy really.