cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet problems and locked threads

Egz0001
Grafter

Plusnet problems and locked threads

As my other thread was locked i will have to start a new one.
I always thought that a forum was for freedom of speech and you where able to say how you feel , i guess that isnt the case.
It didnt take you long to lock it, i may have finished off by saying something really nice but i suppose i wont have the chance to now.

Well i lost my connection today at 3.30 pm , connected with my virgin connection and sent james an e mail about my problem and he phoned straight away with a resolution to it, i am currently trying the suggested fix and will wait and see.But 10/10 for customer support mate.
11 REPLIES 11
James
Grafter

Re: Plusnet problems and locked threads

Hiya,
The thread wasn't closed to violate your freedom of speech Smiley
It was only closed because it had gone off topic, wasn't a complaint anymore and it was going round in circles.  It was in no way pointing anything at you.
Egz0001
Grafter

It still would have been nice to have writen something nice at the end of it, at least it would have shown a disapointed customer who was eventually happy.
Instead it looks like something else.
James
Grafter

I wouldn't worry about it too much Smiley
Everyone that has been keeping an eye on your situation will be aware that you're much happier than you were.
Egz0001
Grafter

Even though many thought my title was a little harsh,lol Personel experiences are exactly that , and people should be able to pick there own title.
Disagree by all means cos everyones experience's differ, but people need to realise a post is a moment in time, and what may start off being usless may end up being brilliant.
Its a shame that if people do a search that all they will find is a customer who thinks the service is just ok. Maybe if i had another week with my connection i may well have said that it was great but as that isnt an option now there isnt much i can do about it.
Egz0001
Grafter

That fix you suggested worked a treat, im back up and running on my plusnet connection.
For anyone who looses your connection and you cant access your router or the internet, switch off your router for 20 mins. I tried the inputing password and rebooting several times but it didnt work.
Swtching off for 20 Mins did. Thanks yet again James as i said earlier 10/10 mate.
Its funny that just before i lost my connection i was going to add to my previous post how good plusnet was if you need to download stuff, it ran at 4-5% utilization as opposed to 1-2% with Virgin 20 meg.
I will hang fire on my nice comments untill ive had enough time to make sure its reliable (only cos i lost connection), cos i dont do much downloading normally , i only did what i did as a test to see what its like.
Id concider this a positve post myself, even with the disconnection. Obviously if the disconnections continue then its another story.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for letting us know that James' suggestion worked, it's good that your online and I hope the connection proves as good as it can be.
It didnt take you long to lock it,

Can I just point out that we (staff) didn't lock your thread, we don't moderate these forums. They are moderated by volunteer customers.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scootie
Grafter

dont worry egz0001. most of us would of bein following the theard any way. so we no your exprince started off as a bad one but was steadily improving with each post you made.
look forward to your final verdict Wink
p.s bet you know JAMESEH better than some of your best friends now Grin
chillypenguin
Grafter

Its worth pointing out that the moderators are fellow customers who volunteer their time and not Plusnet staff. I am sure that Roger don't close your thread to hamper your freedom of speech, but as the thread had degenerated over the last few pages.
If you have an issue with a moderating decision then the best thing to do is to politely PM the moderator in question or one of the other moderators (See list of moderators in the link:rules), a request to reopen to allow you conclude the thread would properly have got a favorable response.
As poppy suggested, perhaps it time for a new thread in the gaming section.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I can guarantee that the above does work, if you has a valid reason, I have done it twice with different moderators,
MuppetGrinder
Grafter

it's true....this seems like neither a rant nor a rave Wink
Lurker
Grafter

You could just ask for some judicious merging of threads to take place... Wink