Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet interface with BT

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Plusnet interface with BT

So far so good here, and my son-i-l, who lives  in my area had no problem in getting a lanline problem solved.
Makes me wonder if PN have plotted the faults being moaned about to see if they are more prevalent in particular regions.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet interface with BT

Hi lucerne,
Cheers for your feedback. Checking the impact of faults is something that's done as an ongoing practice as sometimes we need to make BT aware that there is an MSO (major service outage, a loss of service affecting a large group of users) in a particular area.
Data protection does mean that we can't publicly announce where faults are occurring but I would go as far to say that it would be hard to draw any useful conclusions by looking at that kind of information anyway as the nature of faults means that they tend to occur sporadically rather than reappear repeatedly in the same area.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thanks, but to clarify, I was meaning that if bad service on faults is particularly evident in certain BT regions, sub regions etc, it may need high0lighting as such, rather than say discrete bad service or incompetences.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks lucerne,
I know what your saying, this does actually get flagged with our suppliers as processes are in place to record repeat faults and MSOs/common faults. So our suppliers do have the data and we highlight such issues where we can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Data protection does mean that we can't publicly announce where faults are occurring

Data Protection (as in the Data Protection Act) would prevent you from releasing personal details - it wouldn't stop you from  giving say, a number of faults reported per exchange, or per group of postcode areas if you wanted to.
I'm sure you don't release the figures for commercial reasons (like you don't want another supplier to see that they have less faults, as they could use that info in an advertising campaign - for example).