cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet has terrible communication problems.

PGHUNTATPLUSNET

Plusnet has terrible communication problems.

I have very recently changed from BT to Plusnet because BT's customer service was awful. Plusnet's service up to the sale was very good and went like clockwork (except being late with the transfer date. Not a big problem) But there it has ended.
Trying to ask a question or get advice is so frustrating. The automated 'Ask Tess' service  would be a joke if wasn't so serious. It is worse than useless because there seems to be inevitable delays and deferments  wasting time and causing much frustration. The free phone call system is dogged with queuing delays and 'holding on'. Worst of all perhaps is the lack of an e-mail communication facility. It is as if they intentionally make it difficult to keep the work load down.
ADSL internet speed is far worse than it was with BT. In the last couple of weeks there has been 2 internet failures, first blamed upon 'line faults' in the exchange. However my neighbour with Sky was reconnected within hours and mine took 24 hours. I cannot help thinking that  Open reach look after BT customers problems first.
Only one member of Plusnet staff has sorted out a problem quickly, efficiently and professionally. Credit where it's due Amy. A jewel in a bag of rubble.
I wish I had stayed with BT.
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet has terrible communication problems.

There are plenty of really good and helpful Plusnet staff and you will get a far better response here WHEN you get one. That's the current problem - WHEN. Due to all the new customers Plusnet is struggling and that's down to bad management at the top.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Plusnet has terrible communication problems.

Hi PGHUNTATPLUSNET,
Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a negative experience so far.
You do raise valid points. The majority of which are down to limited resourcing, and our recent outages.
In terms of the lack of the email facility. We use the ticketing system to ensure that everything is logged internally, so that nothing goes missing. With emails, we find that unless they are logged in the ticketing system anyway, the next person to pick up an account may not be fully in the loop.
Once again, my apologies for the poor experience.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet