cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet going downhill...................................

tozers123
Dabbler

Plusnet going downhill...................................

I too am getting very disgruntled with Plusnet, having been with them many years now but I think we shall soon be parting company.
I seem to have two open tickets (7733300 + 77195324) just now, I only opened one of them! And have no clue why there are two. Both seem to relate to my current issue in that every time I have a telephone call my broadband drops and it is getting very annoying.
I have done all the usual things I can do, swap routers, disconnected phone, change filters.
I have been trying for three days now to access the Broadband trouble shooter but it keeps telling me that there is a fault and to try later. Well, I have tried later (several times) and still it does not work.
I reported this fault 6 days ago and I have had no meaningful action from Plusnet.
Although I should point out that I have received a survey from Plusnet regarding a conversation I had. Unfortunately there is no space on the survey to say that I am stilling waiting for that conversation to actually occur
Customer service seems to have gone downhill, over to you
6 REPLIES 6
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet going downhill...................................

Can you still not access the troubleshooter this morning?  They were doing some internal website work Monday and Tuesday and it did seem to go on longer than they thought as I couldn't access my account until yesterday afternoon but I had an email yesterday sent at 14.40 from PN that said the troubleshooter problems had been sorted.
I'm sure one of the team will pick this up soon.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you done the following?
[list type=decimal]
  • Connect the router to the test socket inside the master socket (using a filter) without the phone

• Check that ALL other telephone sockets in the house are dead

• Ring your home phone number using a mobile

• If sync is lost when you do that it proves the fault is outside your home - most likely a faulty line card in the exchange.
    jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
       Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
    Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
    Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
    Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
    Pettitto
    Plusnet Alumni (retired)
    Plusnet Alumni (retired)
    Fixes: 5

Hi Swingletree,
    I've just run some tests on your line and it's showing a fault on the telephone line itself. The location of the fault is between your premises and your telephone pole. An engineer is required and may require access to your premises. Any ideas when you could be available for an engineer? The next available at this time is Friday between 8am-1pm. If you could let me know, I'll certainly get you an engineer booked ASAP for you.
    tozers123
    Dabbler

Please provisionally book a visit and in the meantime I will carry out the test as mentioned by a poster above. Please also answer my question regarding a previous line fault. Thank you for your response
    Pettitto
    Plusnet Alumni (retired)
    Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've booked you an appointment for Friday 22/11/2013 between 8am-1pm.
    I can't see any reference to a previous fault in your initial response I'm afraid. If you could elaborate on any issues you've had, I'd be happy to comment on them if I can.
    Pettitto
    Plusnet Alumni (retired)
    Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In addition, I've responded to your Support Ticket with as much information as I can for you.