cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet frustrations

nikws

Plusnet frustrations

Hello,
I currently have an ongoing fault with my broadband line. I have the current open ticket/question: #111603579
The fault has been occurring for 6+ weeks and the 72 hours for the faults team to investigate each reported issue is becoming extremely frustrating.
We have had 2 Openreach engineer visits but the line problem has returned approx 7-10 days after each visit, resulting in ridiculously slow speeds to no line sync at all.
This time Plusnet's fault team failed to respond within the 72 hours SLA, so I contacted support this morning. Was promised a call from a manager or the faults team by "Martin L".
My ticket was then updated by your team asking for me to get in contact to arrange an openreach engineer visit.
As we have already had 2 visits I would like to have some further information as arranging time away from work is becoming increasingly difficult, I cannot work from home when there is no broadband!
Hayley I on chat has then promised me a callback within 10minutes, apparently this happened, but to our landline number, which is no use as I am at work... Further annoying as I had specifically requested to be called back on my main contact number, my mobile - on numerous occasions.
Now I have spoken to "Matt" on your chat. He explained the error above, and that I am due a call back from "Beth" but had no timeframe for this, which isn't acceptable really.
I am happy to arrange an engineer visit, but I need assurances that the problem will be fixed - I can't keep taking time away from work.
I feel like I have been extremely patient putting up with Plusnet's system and processes - jumping through all the necessary hoops and waiting times on multiple occasions, please can you have this looked into and resolved immediately.
I also expect a refund for the time we have been without any connection, I have been promised this in the past but it is yet to materialise.
16 REPLIES 16
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Plusnet frustrations

nikws

Yes, very disappointing.
Thanks to Martin L I now have our third Openreach engineer visit booked.
I picked up my landline voicemail when I got home - message from Chris in the faults team with no information as to what they think the fault might be or why two different Openreach engineers may have missed it before.
For some reason Matt named the incorrect person or perhaps made a name up in absence of knowledge and wanting to get me off support chat?
nikws

Just got a call from an Openreach engineer expecting to be let into my property today, despite asking for the appointment to be booked for Friday 20th November AM. Plus receiving confirmation from Plusnet that they had booked the visit in for this time...
Now stuck in a 45 minute tech support queue or a 24 person queue for chat. Not acceptable!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm not sure why an engineer would be requesting access today, I can see the appointment is booked in for 20/11/15 as you've requested.
I can only really take a guess that an engineer was checking something at the exchange and gave you a call on the off-chance that you may have been at home and they wanted to try and get this sorted sooner if possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
nikws

No, the engineer was expecting to visit my property today. Sounds like another blunder? Either something went wrong with the Openreach booking system or Plusnet booked the wrong date when they meant to book 20/11/15.
I imagine you saw the appointment was booked because I spent the best part of an hour on the phone to Plusnet from 11am to get it re-booked for Friday.
I spoke to a very helpful agent today who frankly sounded embarrassed by how this has been handled so far. There are no notes as to what might be the cause or what Openreach are going to investigate this time.
As the fault seems to reoccur approx 10-14 days after an engineer visit I really don't want to be in this situation in another 2 weeks. It takes up 72 hours for your faults team to respond to an update to a ticket...what this actually results in is a 71 hour 58 minute delay until someone picks the ticket up at the very last minute, then decides it needs another Openreach visit and the cycle starts again.
So effectively, I have no internet, or internet so slow it isn't classified as broadband, for at least 72 hours if not more.
I've asked if there are further problems if there is some way this can be escalated as its now been almost 2 months of poor to no service. Answer was nothing further can be done and the ticket just goes back into the faults pool...
Every time I have to contact Plusnet I have to wait either 72 hours for my ticket to be looked at, or wait on a call for 30-45 minutes, even for booking an openreach visit. The chat staff, whilst on the whole pleasant, can't do very much to assist.
The problems we have are exacerbated because no-one within Plusnet is taking ownership of this issue, I am passed from person to person who does not understand or bother to read the history of the ticket and just applies a procedure which seems to be doing nothing to resolve the issue. Up until August, we've had very little problems on this line, and at the previous property we were really happy with Plusnet. At the moment the service we're receiving is not up to scratch and how the whole way this is being handled just makes me feel like you don't want me as a customer and I should start looking elsewhere?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm still not sure why the engineer was expecting access today.
Although I understand that you had spoke to someone prior to my previous response, the appointment had not changed from the 20th. This is what we had booked and is what the fault tracker is showing, with no changes since it was booked.
I do apologise for any inconvenience this fault is currently causing you and hope it all goes well with the appointment on the 20th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

nikws, I once had an engineer leave me a voice mail (I didn't answer as I didn't recognise the number), saying that they where just leaving Southport (about 10 miles from me) and would be with me in about 30 minutes.  This was the lunchtime the day before I was due to have a line installed, and I was 50 odd miles away and working.  I phoned back the number to say that he wasn't due until the following day and I couldn't be there, and he said that he'd seen my work order, and was thought he'd pop over and do it then, but since I couldn't it wasn't a problem and he'd be with me the following day.
It's quite possible similar with yours.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nikws

Openreach engineer visited today (our third visit). He reset the line and this brought the SNR down to acceptable levels.
He tested the sync download speed at 2.5mbps, our router now syncs at 1.5mbps (which is acceptable to us).
However - the download speeds are still stuck at 0.5mbps or less, I've tested with speedtest.net & thinkbroadband's test and got the same results, trying 2 different routers too (using wired ethernet connection directly into the router).
The previous two times the download speed has returned to normal straight away so it looks like there might be something Plusnet need to reset or alter on their end? - The Openreach guy said the same.
So...now I have to wait ANOTHER 72 hours until someone in the faults team looks into this. Where - from experience, they'll completely misread the problem and I'll have to wait a further 72 hours then another Openreach engineer will be sent out again? This seems to be going round and round in circles, can someone from Plusnet please help me?Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

check Current Line Speed - see my sig
If it needs changing it can be done via Live Chat
nikws

Yes - I've tried live chat. They have said it needs to go back to faults team...tested line and said they see some faults still
Tried the link in your sig:
Estimated line speed:
There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
78 Mb
We've had speeds of 1-2mbps in the past and been very happy with the service. Only since August has this changed...
nikws

I've tried it again and its now saying:
Estimated line speed:
There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
1.4 Mb
Which would be the correct speed that its synced at on both routers I've tried it on...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: nikws
He reset the line and this brought the SNR down to acceptable levels.
The previous two times the download speed has returned to normal straight away so it looks like there might be something Plusnet need to reset or alter on their end? - The Openreach guy said the same.

That all sounds rather worrying.  If the SNRM was elevated, then it was so for a reason.  It should not have been reset by the engineer unless he found a reason for it being elevated and fixed it.
You could well find your self in exactly the same situation again in a few days.  You need to keep a watch on your router stats and post them here please.  You could have a line with an intermittent fault or one of several other issues.
@CRT,
What does the VR plot look like please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Visual RADIUS graph below.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Connection plot looks grim.  If you are still having problems and want help, please follow the speed issues thread (link below) and post the requested information here.