Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet does not do us proud...

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Plusnet does not do us proud...

Just to chip in the OP is due a engineer tomorrow between 8pm and 1pm..
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Matthew,
Let's hope that an engineer from your supplier turns up this time...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hapless
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
Setting aside the "I want to bash PlusNET" attitude of some of the advice here, it all misses the fact that the line is provided by BTOR and it is their engineers who failed to turn up.  Kicking out PlusNET is not going to change that factor in the user's current situation unless they can switch to Virgin Media or take up a 4G wireless option.
If the fault is in the BTOR infrastructure it will still be there for any other supplier using BTOR wires.
The right solution here is to work with PlusNET to get an expedited repair from BTOR and then agree recompense for non-service.

If a company is not doing what they have contracted to do, why wouldn't you want more information as to your rights? The vast majority of a service providers customer base do not know what they are legally entitled to.
Playing Devil's advocate, can you confirm that it is BTOR's fault that the customer in this case has not had broadband from the outset? Your own experience with a client of yours in another thread is a fine example of where the problems may could lie? I am not, I hope, teaching you to suck eggs. This is for those people out there who may not be aware.
And a huge part of all these problems is the inference that it is all "the suppliers" fault.
Contracts wise, the 2 parties involved are Plusnet and the customer. As you have no control or influence with the supplier, then you really don't care who it is. Your contract is with Plusnet. That is who you have promised to pay a sum of money to, in return for a service.
So for franniehuntie, Plusnet have not delivered what they have promised.
As far as franniehuntie are concerned, they have given enough chances to Plusnet to fulfill their contractual obligations, they now wish to withdraw from the contract due to Plusnet's failure, and were asking why they would be charged an ETF when they had not received any service?
All that I have given is further information regarding their rights that Plusnet have not given. Some people may not be aware that they have these rights.
I'd call it less bashing Plusnet, more public service?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hapless,
As a newbie around here - a warm welcome by the way - I think it is important that all comment be balanced and be such that they lead to resolution of issues.  Indeed the contract is with PlusNet, however no matter which ISP one contracts with, it is the same failing BTOR who installs the lines and repairs them.  In this case it is BTOR who failed to turn up.  By all means seek to get PlusNet to sort things out, but suggesting that a change of ISP is going to make meaningful difference (the only consequence of terminating the relationship with PlusNet) is setting the wrong expectation.
Yes indeed elsewhere I do have problems with a client NSP install, a process much more complex than a standard install or repair.  What I do know though is that PlusNet has tried on a daily basis to obtain updates for me from the BTOR planning department.  (Will update that thread later today).  There is no direct line of communication between PlusNet and the people doing the work.  All ISPs are in the same state - dependant on an Indian call centre passing messages back to the UK.  We all know that Indian call centres simply do not deliver.
There is much which is wrong, what I simply sought to make clear is that bashing and ditching PlusNet is not the right answer IF it is the case that the problem is BTOR.  If BTOR did not turn up at the appointed time who else's fault can it be?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Townman
If BTOR did not turn up at the appointed time who else's fault can it be?

Plusnet either failed to book the appointment correctly or did not pick up and notify the user when it was cancelled?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I thought that possibility was 'covered off' by the sub clause preceding your partial quote.

hapless
Grafter

Thank you Townman.
May be newly registered here, but customer/lurker for 2 years and previously - many moons ago, back in the Force9 and early Plusnet days - supplied hardware and solutions to them as a VAR. Most of that was done through my colleague Dave, but I took over the storage provision, in an overlay role for all SP accounts, in 2000, not that we ever got much out of Plusnet then!
Happy days they were, then the bubble burst!!
Also on tbb, and it's previous incarnation ag, for over 10 years.
I love balanced comment, that's why I read the OP's comments about wanting to leave and gave them the infromation they wanted, something no-one else had done and I'm being berated for!

franniehuntie

Hi all,
Thank you for all your help and advice regarding our problem with Plusnet.
First let us tell you that the BT engineer did call today, wednesday morning. A very competent engineer, who went to the exchange and corrected all the settings for our particular line. He came to the house, installed the latest telephone socket and checked the line. The line is now perfectly ok.
BUT the router is still doing exactly the same as it did initially, and I have to say this is a replacement router we received from Plusnet because the first one was faulty...
It appears they have had a big problem with the lastest batch of routers, their words, not ours!
We cancelled our contract with Plusnet, and considering we have had no broadband connection since day 1, they had the audacity to charge us £128 and 33p for a service we never received.
We had had enough, and wanted to get out of the contract, and find a decent broadband provider.
This message will be posted on the social media network.
Regards,
franniehuntie
hapless
Grafter

That is a bloody cheek Plusnet.
That is incredibly poor customer service, I am gobsmacked.
Good luck in your adventures franniehuntie.
BRABUS
Grafter

I am not at all shocked at plus net charging for this.  They are charging my parents for a service that they are not getting, in fact they are getting nothing, no phone line, no phone number and certainly no broadband.  They keep taking the money quick enough yet never return calls.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140926.0.html
See for yourself.
Oh and I am currently on hold again to them, 38 minutes and still holding.  So much for the15minute wait.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm really sorry to hear the engineer couldn't get it sorted.
As you haven't had a service I'm going to make sure the cancellation and sign up charges get refunded.
Again apologies for this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hapless
Grafter

Is the world ending? Is that 4 horsemen coming? Is it the day of reckoning? Common sense at Plusnet?!

franniehuntie

Thank you Matthew. I hope we may rely on your word.
I discover your message only today, after reading on the help line earlier in the day an absurd message from one of your colleagues, who accused the engineer of being incompetent. I can assure you that this engineer was perfectly competent. Because I am a radio ham, I understood much of his technical explanations, and there is no doubt the man knows his business extremely well.
I want to say that I have nothing against your colleagues, we have been met with very polite people, but the working of your group (probably due to the hierarchy) is a bit of a shambles...
Waiting for the refund,
Regards,
franandhuntie
franniehuntie

Hi,
This short message to testify to the fact that Plusnet have done exactly what they said they would do, and we are very grateful that they have kept their word. Thank you Matthew!
Regards,
franniehuntie
hapless
Grafter

Pleased for you franniehuntie .