cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet could make logging in a bit slicker

Ortero
Dabbler

Plusnet could make logging in a bit slicker

I'd just like to make a tiny suggestion to make the login page for the member centre (not the community) a bit slicker.

Why isn't the "Username or email address" field autofocussed? It's just a small convenience for users, and since CSS3 it's trivially easy to achieve, but so many lazy web designers just don't bother to do it. Like many people I use a password manager so every time I login I have to come off the keyboard and click into that field (or tab 32 times). It's just a minor irritation but because it happens every single time I login it's become quite annoying. Users just want to get through the login process so they can get on with what they actually came to the site to do.

Kudos for not (needlessly) spreading the login process over two screens like so many companies seem to do now; that drives me insane!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Plusnet could make logging in a bit slicker

Dunno which browser you use, @Ortero , but my Firefox autofills it for me - I just need to hit the 'login' button.

John
Ortero
Dabbler

@jab1 I'm using Firefox too. Do you have an ad blocker installed? I'm using Ghostery but it's only blocking two trackers. There are also half-a-dozen errors in the browser console... mainly to do with cross-origin issues.

Or do you mean you're using Firefox's built in password manager, I use KeePass.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Yep, I have an ad-blocker (ublock Origin in my case). I'd ignore the errors - they do not affect anything important. And yes, I use the built-in password manager, never known a need for any other over 15+ years I've used FF as my default browser.

John
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

I get auto complete option using Safari v15.3 with AdBlock+ on OSX Monterey v12.2.1

Ortero
Dabbler

@Mook that's weird. I've looked at the HTML of the page and there is no autofocus attribute on that field. I might try a Linux computer and see if I get a different result.