Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet communication and service

croseler
Hooked

Plusnet communication and service

Dear Plusnet team, 

it is very difficult to contact you. The chat never works, and wait times on the phone exceeds 30 min. 

Earlier this year, I was without internet for over 3 months (from March onwards) as you messed up my switch-over to Fibre broadband. After a painful customer service experience it was solved, but i never received the compensation I was promised. Also, I can't say that the internet is any faster than before. Please advise if you are willing to rectify this, or if you would rather see a customer leave you.

Many thanks,

Christina

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Plusnet communication and service

Hi @croseler

Sorry that you've had a poor experience. I've ran some checks on your line for you today, and I'm not seeing any issues on there with regards to speed. We are seeing a constant 40Mbps, and I have attached the full report below. Are you experiencing slow speeds with just wireless devices or wired devices as well?

With regards to your refund, I will raise a ticket on your account for you.

Test OutcomePass
Test Outcome CodeGTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
DescriptionGEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault LocationOK
Sync StatusIn Sync
Downstream Speed40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed10.0 Mbps
Appointment RequiredN
Fault Report AdvisedN
NTE Power StatusPowerOn
Voice Line Test ResultPass
Bridge TapNot Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse NoiseNot Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres281.8
Upstream Rate AssessmentVery Good
Downstream Rate AssessmentVery Good
Interference PatternNot Detected
Service ImpactNo Impact Observed
Home Wiring ProblemNot Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate0.0
Customer Traffic LevelUpstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
TechnologyVDSL
Profile Name0.128M-40M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp2018-11-12T18:00:00
croseler
Hooked

Thank you for your response!

I notice the internet being slow when I watch TV (i use BBC iPlayer), with the image and sound quite often being out of sync. It's not the end of the world as the sound catches up when i pause on occasion.

Thank you for raising the ticket regarding the refund. I imagine the full service history will be visible on my account.

Kind regards,

Christina

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @croseler,

Regarding the sound issue that you're experiencing, does this happen across multiple devices or just one?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
croseler
Hooked

Hi Alex, it only happens on my TV. But then this is also the only device i use to watch TV. ..

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @croseler, thanks for the update.

Just to clarify (as I can't see that it's been broached yet) - Are you using a YouView box or are we talking about Apps directly installed on your Smart TV?

croseler
Hooked

Hi Oskar, I am using the BBC iPlayer app installed on my Smart TV. I tried to watch it last night but it kept cutting out when I was using WiFi, so i resorted to switching off WiFi to tether via my phone data which worked perfectly fine...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, from reading into this it sounds like a bit of WiFi troubleshooting might help. Please take a look at the tips here: https://goo.gl/BBd2Tu in particular I would try changing the channel the router is broadcasting on as interference might be causing an issue. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
croseler
Hooked

Ok, I will see if I can try that at the weekend.

croseler
Hooked

Deank, could you let me know if the refund request ticket has been raised, and when I can expect to hear back?

Many thanks,

Christina

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @croseler,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back in regards to this refund as of yet. I'll follow this up with our Billing Team when they are back in the office tomorrow to ensure this is actioned as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @croseler,

Thank you for your patience whilst we have investigated this issue. I have taken a further look into this today and raised a ticket regarding the refund, which can be viewed here.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team