cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet and Bereavement

gregormac

Plusnet and Bereavement

Well.

Despite all the previous forum comments about sympathy looks like PlusNet have once again got it spectacularly wrong.

My father passed away on Friday and as executor I called to notify PN - a 30 minute wait - use chat I thought.  What a mistake.

The Agent was not sympathetic, other than passing condolences,  I asked if the name on my fathers account could be change to my mothers,  - Bank account would be unchanged, no- my mother would have to call or chat - sorry- she has just lost her husband of 50 years and would not be able to call or chat- what else?  It could be changed to me - OK, then the ultimate insult, I was asked for my fathers password details, he has just died and you want password details!

With growing anger and frustration I ended the chat . I read posts and see this has been a long going issue in PlusNet and actually the process for notifying of a death - and cancelling the account is hidden in the depths of Plus net.

I have been notifying a number of agencies, banks, Mobile phone Companies, utilities etc,etc  all have shown a level of sympathy and understanding, and those that I did contact via chat, called me immediately on phone when I advised them of my Fathers death and none - NONE - asked me to provide the password of the deceased.

Plus net you really take the Biscuit.

22 REPLIES 22
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Plusnet and Bereavement

Hi there.
I'm really sorry to hear this and for your loss. Please do accept my condolences.

Whilst we would need the immediate family member to be present in order to transfer ownership to them, it sounds like this could've been handled better, so I'd like to look into this, passing feedback on where appropriate.

Can you send me a PM with some account details from your late fathers account (For example, the username, address or landline phone number)? I'll be happy to review this tomorrow and contact either you or your mother if that's OK?

Thanks,
Anoush
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RJM
Rising Star

@ gregormac

My condolences to you and your Mother.

@ Gandalf

With the size of Plusnet now, I would have thought at least one specific team member could deal with bereavement matters. 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

About time got this sorted Sad   bad handling at a bad time

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@gregormac

Sorry to hear of your loss, it has happened to me so I know how it feels.

But yes there should be a group of people specifically trained to deal which such matters - as terrible as they are.

One company I rung (think it was car insurance), I said something like "I am ringing of behalf of my father, I am his son and no you can't talk to him". The person read exactly between the lines of what I was saying and went "Oh .. I'll pass you through to another team".

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@RJM wrote:

@ gregormac

My condolences to you and your Mother.

With the size of Plusnet now, I would have thought at least one specific team member could deal with bereavement matters. 

My condolences too.
There is a team member who deals with all difficult issues, be they personal, contractual or technical. He goes by the monicker Gandalf.

@Gandalf 

I have no idea what they pay you but the service and dedication you put into Plusnet deserves recognition by your employer and a big fat increase.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Alex
Community Veteran

I didn’t know that. I hope PlusNet pay and treat that member of staff well.

A difficult job which I don’t know if I could do.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Alex

You didn't know what? I was just making the point that when there is a problem, if Gandalf is about he is always willing to pick it up.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Alex
Community Veteran

That Gandalf was the person who deals with such matters?
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

We're really sorry for the experience that gregormac has had and it's absolutely not what we expect when we are contacted about such upsetting circumstances.  

We have reached out to him and will work closely with him to resolve his query and to prevent this experience from happening again. 

Regards

Alex 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thank you for your time on the phone today @gregormac, I really appreciate it.  I am really sorry for your loss and that this difficult time was not made easier. I will pass on the relevant feedback and I have emailed you with what action we have taken today.

Best wishes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
SebV

Hi gregormac

YES. I'm in exactly the same situation as yourself (my condolences, BTW) and I received EXACTLY the same obnoxious and distressing treatment regarding my late father's account when I contacted these people by 'phone earlier this week.
Absolutely appalling customer service.
Luckily my father paid for a funeral plan that provides free legal advice on matters such as this so I shall be taking it up with them when I meet them next week.

Alex
Community Veteran

Hi @SebV welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of your news, I know what a distressing time it is.

I don't think you need to go to the legal advice stage, just a staff member on here who will pick it up. You may have to PM them with any personal information, and now you have made a post you should be able to do so on the forum software. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there @SebV

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience during what must be a difficult time.

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

If you can send me a private message with their username, address, telephone number, or anything I could use to find their account I'll be happy to investigate and help resolve this.

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SebV

I shall PM you with all that info ASAP. Thank you.
But again, I don't know, nor have ever known, the 'username'. And why the hell should I? What is this obsession? Why is their real name not good enough?