Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet against pensioners?.

BurntToast
Grafter

Re: Plusnet against pensioners?.

Quote from: Anotherone
This doesn't cause confusion for the great majority of forum members,

It caused confusion for the OP which is why I was commenting.
I'm glad you understand.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I said in the above post that it's Plusnet's mistake, and I hold my hands up to that.
However, I must stress that a provision happened on the 6th, and the line was taken over by Plusnet. If this wasn't the case, then we wouldn't have been able to cut you off from TalkTalk.
I have asked my colleague to chase up the router, I suspect it should arrive soon so apologies for the delay.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: MattyC
The next day, OP contacted our customer options team, and asked to cancel the account. This lead to ourselves ceasing the line about 9 hours after we had gotten it active

Which was presumably what led to this when it appears that TFM/DFM phoned again realising the cancellation was a bad mistake:
Quote from: TheFlyingMouse
Yes I made a mistake and have owned up to that, however, the gentleman I spoke to, after having explained everything chapter and verse, assured me that all would be OK, he was seeing to it himself. I could do nothing more than believe the man, it was nothing more than lies. Since then there has been a catalogue of disasters

But the detailed description above by MattyC stops at this point and does not explain why DFM was told all would be OK, but it wasn't......... Cry
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Good point, apologies for not elaborating there. I don't have an answer for this straight off the bat.
I want to try and find the call where this was discussed and listen to it, however there is no footprint of this on the account.
@TFM - For the interest of feedback, are you ok to let me know when this call was? Feel free to pop me a PM and I'll check tomorrow.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: MattyC
there is no footprint of this on the account.
Which account though  Undecided , you have mentioned two which we can only refer to as the "5thMay" and "12thMay", or is there even a third one now active?
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

I have had enough, where do I go from here?. All it would have taken is for a push in the right direction to hospitalise me or even worse, leave my wife a widow. On the night of the 6th, I telephoned PlusNet in an absolute rage, I have already admitted that. Within 20 minutes I had telephoned again to plead my case and admit my stupidity. I had waited until approximately 18:40 hrs before the original call, I can only give you a approximation of the time of the second call, I am trying to be as truthful as I can, its a pity others were not doing likewise.
When this episode is finalised, if ever, I hope the customer is going to get more than just an apology.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: BurntToast
This doesn't cause confusion for the great majority of forum members,

It caused confusion for the OP which is why I was commenting.
I'm glad you understand.

BurntToast - If you learn to read more carefully
Quote from: TheFlyingMouse
I may be old and infirm but I can understand the descriptions of the posters, differentiating between PlusNet personnel and those who give their valuable time to try to help others, in some cases, very much appreciated. ..........
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.

So I'm afraid you are wrong BurntToast. I only made the following post
Edit: Just so you understand, myself and Townman and some of the other posters in this thread do not have the Plusnet logo next to our names, we are not Plusnet staff, just customers who post in this Community Forum usually to try and help others with their problems.

at that time to be absolutely certain there was no confusion, because of the stress and circumstances at the time.
Rest assured, as most of those that are regular posters on this forum already do, if we think there's any slim possibility of confusion, then we make it clear. I suggest you look round the forum you will find may regular posters with those and/or similar links in their sigs.
@TheFlyingMouse
Don't be disheartened or worry about this further, you don't need to go anywhere from here.
Matty or one of the other Plusnet CRT members will ensure this is resolved to your satisfaction.
As you can see from the majority of the posts, other forum members are attempting to ensure that the reasons for the "confusion" are fully understood and lessons are learnt from it.
AndyH
Grafter

I have a suspicion (that someone from Plusnet might be able to confirm), but once a cease order is placed on a line it cannot be undone and a new provision needs to be made.
Anotherone
Champion

Andy, he's back on line, has been for a while, that's no longer relevant. MattyC is looking into the whole thing.
@TheFlyingMouse
Just to be clear, as MattyC said in reply #108, if you can let him know as accurately as you can, when you made those calls, then he can try and track them down.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Andy,
One might hope that a cease can be cancelled by the same organisation which placed the cease, however given that (at some level) there was a change in subscriber details it might not have been possible in this case.  I know that it used to be possible to simply switch billing details on a line if it was staying with the same CP/ISP (I did this a little over a year ago when I left my business premises), however somewhat recently processes seem to have changed necessitating a service / line cease.  Someone from CRT suggested it was something to do with subscriber / line details and 999 information.
It is certainly the case that no orders can be placed on a ceased line whilst the cease remains "open".  Sadly cease orders can be effected within hours, whereas re-provides takes days.  Such are constraints (for whatever reasons or non-reasons) imposed by BTw / BTOR and not by the CP and ISP retailers.
This is something needing attention from Ofcom - it ought to be possible to implement re-provides / re-connects in the same time scales that BTw / BTOR can disconnect a line.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

As you've mentioned it, my suggestion would be that when a customer cancels in similar circumstances, Plusnet should apply a cooling-off period before applying a cease. We've seen it happen here before where ceases have been applied within a couple of hours and then the problems with the re-provide start.
The cynic in me says Plusnet won't do anything about that aspect because currently it most likely opens the door for them to apply "extra charges" Shocked
HPsauce
Pro

As you've mentioned it, my suggestion would be that when a customer cancels in similar circumstances, Plusnet should apply a cooling-off period before applying a cease.
I was thinking the same, but decided not to post here to try and keep this thread "on topic" and maybe raise it later.
Just wondering if a mod should split off the posts that discuss lessons/changes or would TFM/DFM like to see that discussed here?
Anotherone
Champion

Actually I think we should all stick to your earlier suggestion in reply #101.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

trying to split off posts would be tricky that most have points related to the OPs issue, however there's nothing stopping someone starting a new thread with a precise of the issues for lessons learnt
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
David_W
Rising Star

Hi, fresh eyes and point of view on this (I think), so hopefully I'm correct.
OP had an order placed which was due to switch on the 6th (phone and fibre), so spent the 6th awaiting a BT engineer to come along and plug in the fibre.  The fibre guy however was a no show BUT the phone line did get switched over (which would have the effect of also killing their broadband on TT?).  OP was unaware at the time that the phone was with PN on the 6th as the engineer didn't call, so the no show by the engineer made OP think the service wasn't live, so phoned PN and cancelled, PN cancelled the line as requested.
So I think the first problem is there, when OP phoned they were not made aware that their phone line was currently active and with PlusNet, possible issue there is that the CS agent was looking at the wrong account (if there are two).
Or, if it was a switch from TT fibre to PN fibre so no engineer was actually required (not sure on that one, never had to switch and OP states later an engineer came out for the install) but as there was no PN supplied router, no internet access, so even though the switch took place, the OP lost broadband?
From my point of view, it just looks like severe lack of information progressed towards the client, along with incorrect emails being sent to the client which further initiated worry on the clients side, the client was informed in emails about cancellation etc. which made the client question if their service would go live on the required date, the failure of the phone line and/or broadband on the 6th, along with the incorrect emails would have made the client more prone to believing there was a monumental mess up on PN's side and their service had indeed been cancelled, something which seems to have not been corrected when OP phoned PlusNet on the 6th and cancelled.
I think the first thing that needs sorting is the dual accounts causing issues, I think that if an account was incorrectly set up and a new account was needed, the initial account should be closed and deleted, without notification to the client via email, simply inform them over the phone of their new username and quietly remove the incorrect one, then any emails about cancellations etc would not be passed on to the client to cause worry.
Obviously I could totally be wrong, but that's my take on things, errors popping up from the initial account set up, bad emails, terrible communications and an unknown factor on the 6th re:engineer.