Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet against pensioners?.

AndyH
Grafter

Re: Plusnet against pensioners?.

Quote from: Anotherone
Nobody mentioned Matty or Tony,  the date was initially in a standard provisioning email. Let's leave it at that please.

I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion, but the main thing now is that the OP seems to be up and running.
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

I just do not believe what I am reading in these posts, I was forced into a situation where I was having to mediate between two ISP's, TalkTalk and PlusNet. This situation is being inflamed beyond sensibility, FACT!! I was given a install date of 06/05/15, when the engineer failed to turn up, can you wonder at the customer becoming extremely angry. Under extreme stress you can make some silly mistakes, I made a one and within 20 minutes of that fateful phone call, phoned back to PlusNet in tears. I spoke to a gentleman called Mathew who, after listening to my tail of woe, assured me that all would be OK, I would NOT loose my telephone line, 2 hours later the line went dead.
This whole episode has now descended into what can only be described as the castigating of a PlusNet customer, by those supposedly there to help.
Thank you PlusNet.
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: TheFlyingMouse
castigating of a PlusNet customer
I haven't the faintest idea where you get that idea from (or who you mean); maybe you need some help in interpreting what is being discussed and who is who, it does seem to have gone off-topic rather?  Cool
As was said above:
Provisioning are the real villains in the first instance.

Just to be 100% clear, that is part of PlusNet.
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

I may be old and infirm but I can understand the descriptions of the posters, differentiating between PlusNet personnel and those who give their valuable time to try to help others, in some cases, very much appreciated. The fact still remains that PlusNet, contrary to everything that their advertising leads people to believe, do not have good customer relations as their core belief.
To answer another comment, yes my telephone line is active, 0800-432-0200,  average wait times? = 13 minutes!!!!!!.
Thank you.
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

I apologise for this but lets get the facts right. On the morning of the 06/05/15, when the broadband install was to take place in the afternoon. My telephone line went dead, this was in the morning, I telephoned TalkTalk to complain that "they" were leaving my wife and I without access to the emergency services, their response was "sorry, PlusNet have taken the line over". I am a private individual, I can only believe what I am being told.
By the way, when the problem at night became evident, after I was assured that all would be OK, the line did go dead, BY PLUSNET.  Now, contrary to what I was told, I could not contact the out of hours doctors service in the early hours of the following morning.
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
HPsauce
Pro

try to help others
That's precisely why several here wish to know exactly what happened. But I think we await a detailed "blow by blow" description from PlusNet on that.  Lips_are_sealed
Armed with that information we "should" be better placed to advise others in future, who come here seeking help and advice from fellow customers as well as PlusNet staff.
Whether PN learn lessons and change things is another issue regularly debated in various areas.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: BurntToast
Can I suggest that you remove the link in your sig that clearly says "Plusnet Help Assistant" in order to avoid confusion?  I would have thought that Plusnet themselves would have asked you to do so.

Hi,
You can suggest that, but until the user portal has a clear and easy to find link to the Help Assistant restored, the answer is "No".
There are a number of us around here who spend a lot of time trying to assist users and need to be able to refer them to the ticket system.  Having useful links in sigs saves us (and users) lots of time.  There is nothing in our sigs which infers any staff role - if they did, PN would have been all over us like a rash a long time ago.  I have discussed the use of my sig in this way directly with Chris Parr who advised that he had no particular issue with it.
See here which generated this reply...
Quote from: Chris
It's entirely up to you guys what you have in your signatures. The links in mine are what I believe are useful too.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: HPsauce
Whether PN learn lessons and change things is another issue regularly debated in various areas.

That is a debatable point HP, as I'm sure you know  Wink
@TheFlyingMouse
I'm really sorry you've had all these issues, but what seems to have been at the crux of the "debate" we've had on here about this is where the 6th May date came from in the first place. My understanding was you got an email which was as a result of the Details being put in a Ticket - standard practise. Was I right or wrong with that?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: HPsauce
But I think we await a detailed "blow by blow" description from PlusNet on that.  Lips_are_sealed

Working on this for you guys now. I aim to have the thread updated at some point today.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion

Cheers Matty.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

the date was also confirmed in reply 13 and 21
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: MattyC
Working on this for you guys now. I aim to have the thread updated at some point today.
Excellent.  Cool
Can I suggest we leave whatever is stated by PN well alone without any comment by "regulars" until DFL has seen it and commented, or not, as they see fit.
Anotherone
Champion

I agree with that, the poor chap has had enough distress, there's been a few PMs flying around in the background about some of it.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry I didn't see this earlier everyone. Allow me to elaborate and sort of defend myself and Mr Wheeler for confirming the date.
Right so when this post was first made, there wasn't technically any problems with the order, more a communication problem. I attribute this to two accounts being set up. Note that I'm not saying the this is the customer's fault, I think it was a sales agent that signed up the first account with the incorrect username.
So we have had two separate accounts that needed action. This is where it's going to get confusing.
We placed an order on the older account on the day that the customer signed up with us - 21/04/2015. Appointment booked in for 06/05/15.
We placed an order on the new account on the day that this was signed up - 24/04/2015 - Appointment booked in for 12/05/15, however this immediately cancelled due to there already being an existing order on the line. Where we went wrong here, is that we confirmed the 12th to OP, as they placed the order. Somebody else found the old account, and linked the existing order with the new account.
As there was a lot of confusion by this point; OP posted here which then lead to this confirmation:
Quote from: MattyC
Could you please check this chaps order.

Good point Chris.
@TheFlyingMouse - Your orders are progressing fine, and we're good to go for the 6th take this information as correct. Feel free to keep us all posted on the thread for how everything goes Smiley
Matty

On the 6th, as far as I can see, everything went completely fine and the order completed, albeit without the release of the router. For the record, the router wasn't sent because of the migration of the orders from one account to the other. In essence, we deviated from automation. This lead to this:
Quote from: derfledermause
Forgive me but, the worry has reached high doe again. Why, the engineer's visit is timed for tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday, 6th May, 1pm-6pm. To install the equipment he needs the PlusNet router, the post has been today, normally between 11:15am and 12:30pm, no router!!!. Yes it could be delivered tomorrow, I sincerely hope so, however, if not then I assume the install cannot go ahead.

The next day, OP contacted our customer options team, and asked to cancel the account. This lead to ourselves ceasing the line about 9 hours after we had gotten it active. Backing this up with a quote here regarding the 6th:
Then I phoned Plusnet back to ask if they could gaurantee the 12 May, answer, no they could not. Now livid with rage I phoned back to cancel my account.

So to clarify, the provision went fine apart from the router not arriving. The account was then cancelled the same evening leading to cessation.
Tony T is in the process of reprovisioning the EU and is due to contact her this week. The customer is back online (sorry Tony).
It's been a rough ride, though I can assure you that we have done our best to give the correct information. Either way, there have been a lot of mistakes here that could have been resolved if we had a better process if two accounts get erroneously signed up. I feel that this is the root cause, however I'd be eager to get some outside opinion on how we can learn from this.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Please lets get this right. I was told, not once but many times that the install would go ahead on the 6th, it did not. Yes I made a mistake and have owned up to that, however, the gentleman I spoke to, after having explained everything chapter and verse, assured me that all would be OK, he was seeing to it himself. I could do nothing more than believe the man, it was nothing more than lies. Since then there has been a catalogue of disasters, I suppose many a thing is said in anger but one hopes that PlusNet have learnt from this. It is interesting to note that this is exactly why I decided to move from TalkTalk, neither can one underestimate the power and innuendo of Plusnet's advertising campaign.
At the moment I am waiting for a new router, the first one (brand new) was faulty, according to PlusNet's web site, sent first class post, I am still waiting.  Last year, in times of better health, I purchased many items from Amazon, Ebay, certain multi national electronic suppliers, all in the London or South of England. Invariably, if these items were not delivered in 24 hours, then there was a problem. The best time I ever had was 16 hours from telephone call order in London to delivery to Northumberland, 20 miles North of Newcastle.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.