Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet against pensioners?.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Plusnet against pensioners?.

I'm told that this is cause of a problem with a SIM order.
Until this is cleared, I can't place the new order, but I'm keeping a close eye on the situation for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

What does TOTL and SIM mean in the previous posts ?Huh
We are born into history and history is born into us.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'd guess Tag On The Line and Simultaneous Provide. Though I guess that the OP won't know what they are, or care.
My (limited) understanding of Tags is that it's largely down to the relinquishing provider to ensure they are cleared, but it could be a BT mess-up. Highly unlikely to be the new provider (PlusNet) involved in any way.
So, sadly, the fickle finger will be pointing at TalkTalk until proved otherwise.  Cry
derfledermause

Please, this situation is turning serious, I have had to seek medical help and I am now on medication for stress, all because of Plusnet "Doing me proud". Again I ask please help me.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

see reply #60 ?    I assume he's doing it a quickly as the Wholesale systems allow.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can't see any updates yet but I'm sure Tony will chase this up as soon as he can tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The order for service has been placed, I'm just waiting for the expedite order to confirm now.
All being well, you'll have an engineer visit on Thursday morning.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

You really have no idea how damaging this whole episode has been, a catalogue of disasters from start to finish. I have a number of messages from PlusNet, all telling me my installation will go ahead on the 06/05/15, engineer will call between 1:0 and 6:0pm. Needless to say he never arrived, to rub salt into the wounds, I finally get internet access today, BT engineer arrived and set everything up, but I cannot connect to the internet. So I phone PlusNet tech guys, they finally give up instructing me to find my own tech guy, remember this is PlusNet  "WE'LL DO YOU PROUD". My tech guy arrives and condemns  Plusnets router, so now I have a internet connection from BT's modem. PlusNet have texted to say new router is in the post. However, I get to download my emails today and I find a one from PlusNet dated 06/05/15:-  "Our engineer has installed your fibre service and your broadband is ready for use".  Prey tell me how PlusNet can make a statement like this when the engineer NEVER ARRIVED. My health has deteriorated so much because of PlusNet and their deplorable customer relations. For goodness sake this is why I changed from TalkTalk.
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
Anotherone
Champion

Well I hope one of Plusnet's CRT will have the decency to phone you and apologise, as well as ensure that your account is corrected!
derfledermause

PLUSNET!!!!!,  "WE'LL DO YOU PROUD".  My condition has eased somewhat today so I have connected to the PlusNet web site to check that all is OK. Only to find that "My details" are anything but correct, "Broadband without phone", paying for super fast broadband when I specifically said I did not want that facility, only medium fibre. Being told by PlusNet personnel that all will be OK when in fact is was anything but OK. When I signed up for PlusNet, I was not warned about the pitfalls that would happen if you used a pseudonym for your email address other than your proper name. Now I would like to change my email address, am I going to be able to do so?.
This whole disgusting episode has shot holes through Plusnet's TV advertising campaign. Anyone watching that advert is led to expect to be treat with good manners and decency, my changing from TalkTalk to PlusNet has been fraught with disaster, tension, stress and worst of all, on two occasions being told lies.
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
Anotherone
Champion

Can one of the Plusnet CRT please sort this out for this customer.  This is one of the most badly handled situations that I think I have ever seen.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've made Tony aware and he's investigating.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I can't apologise enough for the problems you've had.
Once you're happy that everything is working, I just want to take time out to review the situation from beginning to end to find out what can be done differently/better, who did what wrong etc.
As for the phone, that's been sorted, and your service is. As discussed, I'll give you a call after the weekend when hopefully we can discuss a couple of other small matters that I mentioned.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

ps .... if you find our Email a bit of a mouthful, www.gmail.com or www.hotmail.com are the ones that I mentioned.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Email a bit of a mouthful????Huh
Aside from the absence of SSL, PlusNet's email is I think one of the best around, truly unlimited email addresses / mailboxes within the 1Gb storage limit.  I have just commissioned an email and web hosting service for a charity (could not use PN as they do not need / have a base for a BB service) which charges £5pcm and has a fair few restrictions and no anti-spam / virus filtering.
It is hardly PlusNet's "fault" if users don't understand it.  The up side though where users do not understand is that these forums offer excellent support... if only people ask for help when they need it.
If you want just one email address then that is exactly how the service comes configured straight out of the box.  If you want something more, then  are extensive help pages providing guidance.... or could it be that the difficulty in now reaching the help assistant has masked access to them?  Roll_eyes Shocked

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.