cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet against pensioners?.

TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Plusnet against pensioners?.

I have had my fill of Talktalk and wanted a new ISP. We have all seen the TV adverts, so I have taken advice from certain posters to come to PlusNet. I hold my hand up to making a mistake with my first attempt at creating a contract. However, since then, I have had nothing but extreme frustration at the manner of people at PlusNet who assume, but do not check details before contacting a new customer. I am 75 years old disabled pensioner, at my time in life, I do not want to have to put up with this sort of conduct from a firm:  "We'll do you proud." REALLY!!!.  ALL I WANT IS TO BE TREAT WITH RESPECT. Last night I received an email from PlusNet telling me my broadband would "cease" last night. It is not being installed till 06/05/15!!!. You tell me what this is supposed to mean, all it did was to antagonise a customer before installation, who had already been antagonised enough.
Please, PlusNet, look at what you are doing, I came to you because of your TV adverts, at the moment, another problem and I will go elsewhere.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
137 REPLIES 137
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Plusnet against pensioners?.

Not this pensioner, I've had good service from day one. And when there has been problems they have always been dealt with in a friendly and efficient manner  Smiley
Still being a pensioner is not my defining attribute  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Hello Peter,
Many thanks for your reply. If I may, I made the first mistake which I have accounted for and apologised. This meant a change of date of installation, because of this, I found myself caught between two ISP's who would not take my instruction from one to the other. When you are disabled and housebound, you are under stress to start with, this most definitely did not help. This all culminated in an email from PlusNet last night that stated, and I quote "We have now placed a cease on your broadband service and this is due to complete on the 29/04/15."  With respect, what would you make of this when the install date for PlusNet is 05/05/15!!!. I admit that I was shaking in my shoes, expecting my broadband to be disconnected last evening. It obviously has not happened, but this does not bode well for first contact with e new ISP.
Thank you.
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Welcome from another pensioner
The problem you are seeing is basically that the way the system works the losing ISP doesn't know who the gaining ISP is and vice versa
Everything is done via BR Openreach who are a law unto themselves  Angry so there is no way that Plusnet can talk to TalkTalk about your account moving
Having said all that it sounds as though some of the Plusnet systems aren't talking to each other - usually because when the agent sorted your incorrect date they missed one of the steps to make syure everything matched
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have always had polite and friendly service and yes I'm a disabled pensioner not that makes any difference.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Ditto.
Sadly there are known deficits/oddities in PlusNets systems (enhanced massively by BTOR's bizarre ways of working)  that can make things look very odd.
If you're in the conspiracy rather than cock-up camp and aggressively looking for someone to blame then you can get off to a bad start.  Cry
But if you assume the latter and query what's going on it's almost always resolved in a friendly and supportive way.  Cool
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I'm yet another old f*rt who gets paid every 4 weeks by our generous government. Roll_eyes Next month I receive 2 payments!!!!
As the others have said, please rest assured that you will receive an excellent PN service which is both courteous & patient. As well as my account they have also looked after my 88 years old mother in law for the last 3 years!! Smiley
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@TheFlyingMouse  judging by the posts up to now you should have left the Pensioner reference out of your heading  Smiley
Plusnet don't  actually provide extra support for the disabled/at risk although BT do. So we're all in the same boat as far as service goes. If you think it appropriate, the CRT on here can assist by putting a note on your records if you have any special needs or are "at risk"  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: PeterLoftus
Plusnet don't  actually provide extra support for the disabled/at risk although BT do.
I believe that only applies to telephone services though, not broadband.  Wink
NedLudd
Grafter

Welcome aboard TheFlyingMouse from yet another pensioner!  Wink
Geoff,
York.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi and welcome to the forums,
It looks like you've already had the situation explained to you. Allow me to apologise for any misunderstanding, and assure you that this is nothing to do with your age Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Please may I thank you all for your replies, as far as I know the install date will be 06/05/15, however on the members site the date is still being shown as 12/05/15. It is the uncertainty of when things are supposed to happen. I admit that at the moment I am going back and forwards to hospital, doctors and other medical services, as well as the uncertainty of PlusNet information, simply increases the problems of life. My access to the internet helps to keep my brain activity up to scratch and also, keeps me in contact with friends all over the world. I have been with talktalk for the last 7 years, but of late, their customer service has deteriorated to nothing. I admit that I have asked to come to PlusNet because of the TV adverts, also because of posts on the talktalk forums, of those who have jumped ship to PlusNet and found customer relations to be spot on. I will wait and see what happens.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi from yet another one.  Plusnet's systems have their peculiarities from time to time,  and this seems to be one of them.
@plusnettony
Could you please check this chaps order and make sure that the correct date is showing in all the correct places.
This does sound a bit like a provisioning mess up.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Anotherone
Could you please check this chaps order.

Good point Chris.
@TheFlyingMouse - Your orders are progressing fine, and we're good to go for the 6th take this information as correct. Feel free to keep us all posted on the thread for how everything goes Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Hello good people, This is becoming ridiculous, I was assured that all was OK and that the install date would be 06/05/15. Tonight I receive a post from a link:csa removed, this wording indicates that BOTH of my contracts have been cancelled!!!!!.  The wording below this part, seems to indicate that the install has been cancelled also!!!!! and he wants me to telephone talktalk, knowing full well that talktalk have already washed their hands of this particular problem, I am simply a private individual. For goodness sake, does one part of PlusNet know what another part is doing.  I came to PlusNet from talktalk because of posters on the talktalk forums saying that PlusNet customer relations were fantastic. This is most definitely NOT my experience This is most definitely NOT the experience for a pensioner with poor health.
I have just about had my fill, any more problems and I will take this whole sordid issue to the industry regulator.
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
adie:red removed CSA name]