cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - a poor customer service experience. Avoid this company

FIXED
PlusNaah

Plusnet - a poor customer service experience. Avoid this company

I've been with Plusnet for 18 months, and was happy enough with the broadband for most of that time. 
Three months ago i needed to call an engineer out. The engineer found the fault which was inside the BT Box where there was wire erosion. He told me that I was covered and there would be "No Charge".

Imagine my joy when 3 months later I receive an email charging me £65 as "my equipment was faulty".
Yes 3 MONTHS LATER!!! 

As luck may have it, I received this charge, the same week as my contract is ending. So I contact Customer Service, thinking this should be easy to resolve and I'll stick with Plusnet as I'm happy enough with them. However they are not interested, they refuse to waive the £65 fee and are happy enough to lose my custom. Plusnet could have had my business for the next 5-6 years if they weren't so short sighted and belligerent. I'd advise anyone thinking of joining them to think again - I wouldn't touch this snide outfit with a bargepole. Avoid.

5 REPLIES 5
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Plusnet - a poor customer service experience. Avoid this company

Hi @PlusNaah 

I'm extremely sorry to hear about the charge that has been placed on your account. 

I've looked at this ticket on your account and it explains the full reason behind the charge. Having fully read it, I am afraid to say that the charge is valid and correct. 

Apologies if this was not the reply you were hoping for, however, it is the correct process. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

PlusNaah

That's not what the engineer told me, he assured me there would be no charge. If you'd hit me with that charge a week later I would have understood and discussed it, but hitting me with it 3 months later is very poor. I didn't appreciate 22 minutes on hold last night either and then being cut off. I'm so glad I didn't renew my contract with you, and that it expires this month. I have now cancelled and will leave on 27 August.

My customer experience has been appalling, and I'll be telling anybody who's willing to listen. I know overall it doesn't matter to a big company like BT who own you, but us consumers are your lifeblood and you'd do well to understand that.

PlusNaah

My issue looks like it's been cleared up with a satisfactory outcome. I'm pleased that Plusnet will actually listen to issues raised by their customers, I felt I had to shout quite loudly, but it now seems worth it. Thank you.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @PlusNaah,

I am deeply sorry that this was missed and for the level of communication you have received. Are you happy for me to carry out the resolution and update the ticket, or would you still like me to give you a call today?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Fix

Hello @PlusNaah,

Thank you for your time on the phone today, I really appreciate it.

I am super happy this is now resolved and really appreciate you allowing me to turn this around for you.  I hope you have a lovely holiday and let me know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team