cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Webmail - Will it ever be fixed?

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Plusnet Webmail - Will it ever be fixed?

Hopefully I'm posting in the right section so please be patient. 

So no doubt like many of you I've discovered that Microsoft will officially stop supporting Windows Live Mail on the 10th January 2017. With that in mind I've spent the last two weeks testing out alternative mail clients.

After several failed attempts with the various supposedly 'free' software available I decided to give Windows 10's built in Mail app another shot. Actually the last time I used it and shortly after W10 released I hated it, there were so many bugs which caused mail to go missing it put me off completely. Thankfully time has been on my side and the Mail app is now functioning pretty well albeit a few features are still missing.

Moving on, the thing I liked about my old email client (Windows Live Mail) was that if using POP3 I could set the program to store a copy of my messages on the server, useful if I ever wanted to restore my system from a backup.

However..., the new Windows 10 Mail app has no such a feature and so the only alternative is to use IMAP instead of POP3. From what I've learnt over these last two weeks is that IMAP does store a copy of your messages on the server so these are available to every device that you use.

Here's where the issue becomes frustrating! As we can no longer use the Plusnet Webmail app effectively it's difficult to manage folders and subscriptions. Although Mail does seem to be working okay and downloading all my messages I still have a duplicate 'Sent Items' folder which refuses to delete. The area I need to access on webmail won't allow me to click on anything, it's as if most of the tabs/fields in webmail are completely dead.

I wouldn't mind so much if this problem only affected me but I also helped my sister setup the same software and she's having the exact same problems as myself only ten times worse. She has so many duplicate email folders she's losing the will to live. I have tried to delete some of them off the server but like me she's got the same problem. 

Of course I have tried using the Basic version of Webmail but even that lacks functionality and so we wait endlessly for the engineers to fix the problem. If we are to believe the 'Service Status' messages this issue has now been ongoing for around 2 months now and yet all we hear is the same old excuses time and time again. How long does it take to fix a web page exactly? I appreciate that many people might now be having a better experience with their email client but what about those of us who need to access the features in webmail to set things up properly???

I'm certainly looking forward to the day when I can finally access ALL the features of webmail without any issues but I hope it doesn't take another 2 months, it's very frustrating. Ticked_off

2 REPLIES 2
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Plusnet Webmail - Will it ever be fixed?

PN just seam to be doing a sticky plaster job with the web mail Embarrassed weather it will eventually get a upgrade ?Huh

well it take 7 years so far to upgrade the accounts system and still counting Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet Webmail - Will it ever be fixed?

Yes indeed, I wouldn't mind but I'm allergic to sticky plasters!! Undecided

Hopefully it won't take 7 years to fix webmail, I rarely stay with an ISP for that long though PN seem to have been better than some I could mention. Lips_are_sealed