cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - Terrible

valenze

Plusnet - Terrible

Finally got bored of my fault being delayed/not dealt with and requested my MAC key 4 days ago
I guess I was not entirely surprised when I saw the ticket update today:
"
The Question 32463441 has been released from hold and sent back to Cancellation - Mac
The MAC Generation has failed, one of our agents will now action this ticket manually.
<Internal>
Please action account, the MAC generation failed because: The MAC key is currently being processed.The current state of the order is:<b> AWAITING SUBMISSION TO THE SUPPLIER</b>
"
Needless to say I have not heard from any of their  "agents" 4 hours after this update was posted, and I am now left wondering whether they are trying to delay my MAC even further. WTF is this?

2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet - Terrible

Hi valenze,
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm looking at the MAC issue now and trying to get your code for you. I'm also taking a look at your fault and will let you know what I find.
valenze

Re: Plusnet - Terrible

The fault itself was fairly simple and could have been dealt with in a day or two as I actually offered them the solution
They "upgraded" me for free from 8MB to 24Mbps service which i didn't ask for and didn't need. Since then, constant disconnections from gaming server (WoW) - by disconnections i mean the game kicking me out after a huge lag spike, the modem doesn't actually lose sync unless i manually reboot it.
The connection was actually quite stable on the 8MB service, so i requested a downgrade back to the 8Mb service; After a million phone calls, few delays and lies here and there including someone assuring me I had been regraded, someone down the line confirms that it's not in Plusnet's interest to downgrade me even though that is clearly where the fault lies and so they want to run more tests while in the meantime my connection stability is a joke.
I currently have a noise margin of 0-2 dB at peak times which is dangerously low as anyone will tell you. This I am guessing is caused by the router syncing higher than my line can handle. All I needed was my speed to be capped, Noise margin target increased at the exchange, or both. They could not be asked to do this as it's not part of their automated fault checker script, and had to waste my time with useless tests lasting several days at a time, slow updates, etc.
Anyway... All I care about now is getting my MAC asap so I can end my agony with this ISP, moving to Xilo who have already confirmed they will have no trouble downgrading the connection speed or upping target noise margin if needed.
EDIT: I see the MAC key has finally popped up on my ticket, thanks