Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Support Videos

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Plusnet Support Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKnZUl3kc3Y&index=1&list=PLZx9FPn3_-IWW7WetOtIy8JV4reZCA0MU
I have watched to them and have the following comments
Connection Problems
Noisy line - should include a reference to the quiet line test 17070 option 2
It doesn't cover the case where the user has a faceplate with a built-in filter which is becoming more common
Waiting until the broadband light stops flashing is wrong - it is the Internet Light as even with a solid Broadband Light you will not have a working connection until the Internet Light is green
When connected to the test socket connecting other devices is a total waste of time unless they are connected to the filter in the test socket
It states that when when connected to the test socket other sockets may not be working. It should say "will not be working and if they are there is a problem with the internal wiring"
Speed Problems
This should give instructions for checking the sync speeds on the router and also the Plusnet Current Line Speed as well as the BT speedtest
I have asked this elsewhere but I was under the impression that you can run the BT speedtest on a MAC
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Support Videos

Hi Jim,
Cheers for sharing your opinion with us re the support videos.
should include a reference to the quiet line test 17070 option 2

We don't tend to advise the use of that as we can pick up on noisy line issues as part of the faults process. This is covered in the line of questioning used in the fault checker or standard fault checks we go through if you call. Also line tests (again done automatically if BBFC is used or manually if you call and a fault is raised or if it's just affecting your phone service) pick up on this without us needing to ask customers to do additional checks as we want to keep that to a minimum.
Waiting until the broadband light stops flashing is wrong - it is the Internet Light as even with a solid Broadband Light you will not have a working connection until the Internet Light is green

In the context of what's being mentioned in the video it is appropriate but I agree how that could lead to some confusion so I'll feed that back.
When connected to the test socket connecting other devices is a total waste of time unless they are connected to the filter in the test socket

Feeding this back too.
Speed Problems
This should give instructions for checking the sync speeds on the router and also the Plusnet Current Line Speed as well as the BT speedtest

I personally disagree with you on that point Jim, that's the kind of info that may help you mods and helpful customers here on the forums to help each other but it's info we can find from line test results if customers come to us assuming the video hasn't helped.
I have asked this elsewhere but I was under the impression that you can run the BT speedtest on a MAC

I'm not personally sure so I'll push back on that and I'll pass on some feedback re that too if it is the case.
Cheers for all the feedback on this Jim it's most welcome!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You may not have realised it but some DECT phones don't get a dial tone unless a number is dialled - my new Gigaset for example
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers Jim.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers for flagging the Gigaset dialtone up OJ as my fairly new one is the same tbh
I can't remember if I mentioned in my post / thread about it (OH... Well Never mind)
Edit:

Looks like I didn't mention it @ the time http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123528.msg1118607.html#msg1118607
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Quote from: Oldjim
You may not have realised it but some DECT phones don't get a dial tone unless a number is dialled - my new Gigaset for example

JIM
On mine(Gigaset) you just need to hold green button in, and dial tone can be heard; pressing again, takes it to loudspeaker setting Cheesy
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Does too - should I have read the instructions  Embarrassed
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Gel
On mine(Gigaset) you just need to hold green button in, and dial tone can be heard

So it does Shocked
Must have missed that bit. Embarrassed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend

TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Quote from: Gel
On mine(Gigaset) you just need to hold green button in, and dial tone can be heard

So it does Shocked
Must have missed that bit. Embarrassed

+1 & a big thank you, as I had also missed that  Embarrassed