Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Shambels

asda

Plusnet Shambels

Please be warned about this ISP
I know there are probably many happy customers Unfortunately NOT ME
Hi would like to make a comment i to feel angry I paid £25 bb activation no BB was provided never worked when i cancelled my bb oder they wanted to charge me £25 cancelation fee which i refused to pay they waived the £25 canelation fee but never got my original money back
I signed up with Plusnet in July for Value BB and Phone Package £17 it took plusnet 2 months to connect me after around a dozen calls chasing my order
On the day I was supposed to be connected for phone and bb it did not happen was told you are live but had no phone or bb then I was given a 2nd date 3 days later for connection again no service once again told 3rd time tomorrow
In the end no BB for 2 weeks cancelled BB no phone for 2 weeks
I signed up for BB with Virgin very happy installation date came broadband connected all working
Not the end of story finally got phone working after 2 BT Visits I had to twist Plusnet arm to get Bt Eng to visit
Kept Plusnet phone for 3 months left them 22nd December after all the problems and price increase
Warning about their billing and customer service
They are quick to take your money Direct Debit
But not refund
They promise to phone you but never do
You will be charged wrong for services you do not have or use
I’m been billed wrong for three months over charged I have been promised 2 refunds as Plusnet Have agreed it’s their Mistake was told card refund issued but never received they credited my phone bill for next month instead after chasing them and complaining
Numerous phone calls but no 2nd refund yet still waiting
I not new to plusnet many years before I was with Metronet they got taken over by plusnet their service was a shambles after the takeover
Also read the forums about their South Africa Call centre and the way they got treated

I decided to give them a second chance after seeing their nice Yorkshire adverts on TV and spoke to them on phone was promised things have changed and they are a professional ISP
BIG MISTAKE
Thanks for reading for what it’s worth I would like to warn people
12 REPLIES 12
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet Shambels

Hi asda,
I'm sorry about the experience you've had and can see Bob has replied to you over on ISPreview. We're just waiting for the direct debit instruction to set up and then we'll refund the charges owed including the £25 provisioning charge. Unfortunately refunds can only be made to the same method that was used to make the payment, hence the delay on the refunds so far.
asda

Hi Matt
Thanks for your reply i wownt hold my breath for the refund but if it dose happen i will be happy it will go a little way to compensate me for the bad service i received from plusnet
thanks
asda

Hi Matt
Its now been 12 days since your post on here i have still not received my refund as promised i have been promised card, cheque, DD , refund neither has happend my  first original payment was maid on debit card the direct debit has been setup as you mentioned but no refund can you look into it
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi asda,
Looking at your account I can see that Bob refunded you back on the 13th so it looks like it should be sorted? The money will take around 7-10 days to get back into your account so I'd expect it to be back with you this week.
Hope that helps,
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Why does it tak 7 to 10 days for a refund to get to customers accounts from PluNet? I recently had a refund from a company in the USA that took three days.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@glloyd, we can refund card payments in a similar time frame (3 days). Unfortunately, due to the way our system/merchant intermediary works, a Direct Debit refund can take notably longer.

Quote from: asda
Its now been 12 days since your post on here i have still not received my refund as promised i have been promised card, cheque, DD , refund neither has happend my  first original payment was maid on debit card the direct debit has been setup as you mentioned but no refund can you look into it

As Matt has already mentioned, I processed the refund last week so the money should be credited to your account shortly.
To summarise:

• £25 direct debit refund against invoice 22587708 processed 13th Jan (allow 14 days)

• £6.49 cheque refund against invoice 23633104 processed 12th Jan (allow 28 days as apparently our finance bods are a little behind with these at the moment)

• £6.49 direct debit refund against invoice 24151780 processed on 13th Jan (allow 14 days)

• £1.03 in call charges written off from invoice 24267283 processed 12th Jan (no further action required)

I did ask you over on ISPr but I'm not sure whether or not you got back to me. Are you wanting the account fully cancelled now the refunds have been arranged?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pierre_pierre
Grafter

that payment timing to say the least is disgusting, I hope you are going to pay interest on the loan, what happens if the person is on limited means - 28 days - that is diabolical
asda

Hi saturday 22nd January it will be 1 month since i left plusnet its a shame that refunds take so long it would be nice if your customers could take so long to pay plusnet and yes please close my account i have already asked so many times that i cant remember hopefully i will fainaly get my refund lets wait and see I wish i didnt have to go through all this stress and agrow jumping through hoops
Thanks Bob for your help much appreciated
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

asda,
I'll give Bob a nudge re this, we'll get the account closed following the refunds.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
asda

Hi Bob i have to thank you for your help
I fainaly got my refunds as promissed much apreciated one more thing can you close my acount as im being pestered by plusnet emails that i owe you guys money which i dont and that you will stop my internet which i havent got
Thanks Bob
asda

Just to update my situation
I have fainally received my refunds bad news they are harassing me with half adozen letters phone calls that i owe them £6.50 which i dont they will cut of my BB WHAT BB i dont have BB with tem its nearly 3 months since i left also reiceive 2 letters last week threatening me with court action and bailifs for £6.50 if i dont pay up
what discusing company and treatment of cutomers you have to laugh or you will cry
i phoned them they will finaly close my acount on 3rd March after asking them to do it so many times i should have let them take me to court and show what incompetent company they are
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'll ask our finance team to remove you from the debt recovery process. I've checked the account and nothing is owed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team