cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Ripoff!

P1ss3doff

Plusnet Ripoff!

I have contacted Plusnet to give notice on my account that I wish to terminate my service and because I will not be taking their service to another property they want to charge me £25.00 ! That is a total ripoff!  Crazy
9 REPLIES 9
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Plusnet Ripoff!

Which is a cessation charge applied by BT Wholesale to any customer who ceases their ADSL provide.  Your point?
AndyH
Grafter

How is it a rip-off? It is in your contract - PN are merely passing the fee on which BT charges PN...I think the fee is even higher to PN!
Anonymous
Not applicable

AndyH
Grafter

It costs PN £29.69 so they are saving you money!
gswindale
Grafter

Erm,
You knew about that charge when you signed up didn't you?
If you weren't happy; why didn't you migrate away and then transfer that provider's service to your new property?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Whilst I agree with every poster that has responded to the OP, I do think and have stated previously that I believe the charge by OR/BTw is a rip-off and it's OFCOM's fault for allowing it, so that's where complaints should be addressed and about OR/BTw.
Whilst there would be a need for an engineer to remove jumpers at the exchange at some point in the future if the line was not going to have a broadband service on it, it is by no means an urgent or immediate need. Authentication to any ISP is ceased by a software job done remotely.
The jumpers need only be removed when an engineer visits the exchange for the purpose of providing a broadband connection to another lineand there is a shortage of ports.
In most cases, when someone moves, the new occupants are just as likely to want broadband. So unnecessary removal of jumpers merely slows done the provision of service to the new occupants, never mind adding to the cost.
This is nothing more than a cash cow to OR/BTw.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As BT ripoffs go, it is insignificant compared charging an additional £7 EVERY MONTH to those customers unfortunate enough to be on "Market 1" exchanges.
"Market 1" lines are likely to be 'up to' 8Mbps lines with little chance of upgrade, be the most unreliable, yet charged premium rates for a barely acceptable connection.
Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

OFCOM's fault again!
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: purleigh
"Market 1" lines are likely to be 'up to' 8Mbps lines with little chance of upgrade, be the most unreliable, yet charged premium rates for a barely acceptable connection.

Hear hear Angry

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still