cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Refusing to sort problems - winpow

winpow
Dabbler

Plusnet Refusing to sort problems - winpow

LOL you are lucky, at least you have broadband. After joining Plus Not and 'supposedly' going live 17 days ago we do not even have a phone line let alone broadband, in fact the number we were issued with by plusnet rings at a house 30 miles away!. I ring the help desk (used loosely) at least twice a day and have at least 20 emails letting us know how the problem has been escalated (this word is used a lot). Even though I told them 15 days ago that my mother is ill and relies on a phone (she does not use a mobile) and under the chronically sick and dissability act Plusnet should treat the issue with urgency.
Do I think we made a mistake joining this company - OH YES!
32 REPLIES 32
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet Refusing to sort problems

I don't think you can reasonably claim that Plusnet are "refusing" to sort your problem winpow.
Plusnet might be treating the issue with urgency, but clearly OpenReach and BTwholsesale are not. Dial 17070 and see what it tells you for the number allocated to the line? (Don't post that in this forum). Does the number you were given still get answered 30 miles away?
And trolling your post on 7 different threads will not get it dealt with by Plusnet with any more urgency.  Not only is it against the forum rules it just irritates the other forum members whose posts you have disrupted, and wastes everyone's time, even if you do have a legitimate complaint. I also note that in your initial post today you stated 14 days and now we are upto 17 days.
Edit: the mods have now tidied up the other 6 threads and your issue seems to be in hand. I hope it's resolved quickly now.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Refusing to sort problems

I'm very sorry to hear about this and the length of time you've been waiting for this to be resolved.
I've taken ownership of this case for you now, someone has already explained to me the nature of the issue and your circumstances and I'm now going to have read through the history of your account to see how I can push things forward for you now.
I will of course make sure that I keep you updated along every step of the way.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet Refusing to sort problems - winpow

Split off to it's own thread and title changed a bit
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'll just back up what Anotherone has said. We all will have sympathy with your situation, but hijacking 7 topics does not get you anywhere. It is totally disrespectful to the people who started the other threads who have their own issues to be dealt with (and it risks focus on their issue being lost). We find it annoying reading the same thing time and time again. The moderators have had to spend some time clearing up the mess you left behind.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
winpow
Dabbler

You make me laugh, 'hijacking topics' what do you think this is? a social networking site?, if you are constantly checking back in on threads on a phone suppliers forum you are eithe A) very sad B) a plusnet employee.
And dialling 17070 - yes it was the first thing we did and the number that comes back does indeed relate to a house 30 miles away
As with regards 14 or 17 days, I don't know, it was from Tuesday June 28th, you do the math, Are you seriously coming on to a forum to give me grief over the number of days I have previously stated about being without a phone service or broadband.
And of course you will remove the threads and accuse me of spamming, it is your job to use 'damage control' But you cannot reach the other forums and phone and broadband comparison sites that I will spend time on reporting this situation, slightly less sad than your efforts here on this forum I know, but if it was your elderly mother you would feel the same.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@winpow,
Thanks for your time on the phone again. As mentioned we have made progress with this case today as it is now with the directors office at BT, this is absolutely the highest level of escalation possible now and as promised I will phone you again on Monday, if there are updates in the meantime I will make sure someone else gets in touch.
As per my explanation of the issue there are some open "orders" on our suppliers systems which are relevant to the resolution of this problem and now that DSO are handling this they will first look into what they can do to expedite these orders then update us with a proposed timescale so I hope to get that information to you ASAP
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Just get one thing straight: the only member of Plusnet staff who has posted in this topic is Adam. Anotherone, OldJim and myself are Plusnet users just like you, OldJim is also a moderator who freely gives up his time to keeping order on these forums.
As to your "constantly checking back in on threads" comment the "REPLIES TO YOUR POSTS" link brings up a list of topics which I've posted in which have new replies. Finding multiple copies of the same post among them was what caused me to look at all the posts you'd made: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=19119;sa=showPosts
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim) Can I ask that posters stop stirring it and let the OP and Adam sort out what is a very difficult situation without unhelpful comments. ]
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@winpow
I've just updated your ticket to let you know that DSO have formally accepted the escalation and have given me a tracking reference. I'll be keeping an eye on my emails for further updates over the weekend and will ask someone in the office to call you if there's any major developments.
Otherwise I will definitely speak to you on Monday
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
winpow
Dabbler

Jelv, you make me laugh, do you really think that people believe that people (non-employees) would check in every day on a phone provider forum, come on people are just not that sad, surely the service you have been given is not that great that you spend your time on the plusnet forum, we are all having a real laugh at this, come on do yourself a favour and stop responding to my posts, you are making yourself look silly.
Anyway, just an update, still not resolved!
jelv
Seasoned Hero

This applies to you to as well!
Quote from: Oldjim
[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim) Can I ask that posters stop stirring it and let the OP and Adam sort out what is a very difficult situation without unhelpful comments. ]

As to how often I am on these forums look at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=160;sa=showPosts
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

winpow, you are obviously not familiar with the concept of a forum being a community for its members. There are many members of the Plusnet Community who "check in" every day, as you put it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your time over the phone, I'm glad to hear that outbound calls are working. However I understand that the number is still routed incorrectly. I've pushed this back to BT and I'll keep calling as soon as we have any further developments.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
winpow
Dabbler

3 weeks today still no phone or broadband despite telephone calls from Adam who says 'he has taken it to Director level and he has a great success rate with solving problems very quickly' 3 weeks isn't quickly. Wish I had never chosen Plusnet and stayed with Talk Talk who were crap but not this crap