cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect

CharlieSmirke
Dabbler

Plusnet Protect

Has anyone else received an email today informing them that their Plusnet Protect has been cancelled for no reason? I got in touch and the best answer was to uninstall and install but the email says if I still have it running to uninstall it now. I don't want to uninstall and then not be able to get it back cos its cancelled! Any ideas?
109 REPLIES 109
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Protect

Hi CharlieSmirke,
FYI We are aware of others affected by this, problem 64480 is already open and we're currently looking into this. I believe you should be fine to reinstall but please hang fire until I've gained some clarification.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CharlieSmirke
Dabbler

Cheers-but am I still protected now (as best I can be with McAfee) or has it actually been cancelled? Will I still get updates?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

This is what I need to gain clarification on, please bear with me as we need to do a little investigation before I can confirm that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gswindale
Grafter

Don't appear to have got that particular email, but I did get a notification from the control panel asking me to renew last night.  Clicked the link and just got taken to the PN homepage.
Dom
Grafter

If it's a decent, free, light-weight, and easy-to-use anti-virus package you're all after, then I'd suggest Microsoft Security Essentials. I've been using it since it was released and have no troubles at all. It's received good reviews as well.
Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

that link seems to be broken Dom.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dom
Grafter

Not for me it isn't. Huh
Lemme check it again...

...nope, working fine for me. Checked in Chrome and Firefox.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Works for me too.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Works fine for me now, odd...
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all, just to clarify your Mcafee should be working fine and allow you to reinstall its the system that sends notifications that's at fault here so the service itself should be unaffected.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gswindale
Grafter

Does that apply in my case as well - I'm just being notified that I need to renew it.
I'd rather not have to uninstall & reinstall if at all possible.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you've not received a notification you've not been affected, simple as that really. There's no other affects of this problem other than a few customers being sent irrelevant messages.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gswindale
Grafter

ok, but how do I get rid of the constant "renew now to stay protected" message?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

sounds like PN got it off the back of a magazine and forgot to renew after the end of the trail period Crazy Crazy Roll_eyes